The position for Power Press Tool & Machine Setter/Operator in Haverhill is no longer available
Power Press Tool & Machine Setter/Operator
We are looking for a Power Press Tool & Machine Setter/Operator for a local company in Haverhill.
The ideal candidate must have some Mechanical and/or Engineering type experience, Some basic computing and basic computer programming skills would be an advantage. The ability to work to deadlines and prioritise is also important.
Minimum of 4 GCSE'S. At least pass ( C or above) on Mathematics and one in a science or related subject.
Preferred knowledge and experience:
• 1 Years experience on a machine setting/troubleshooting and machine programming environment.
• A recognised certificate for press setting.
• A knowledge mechanical/electrical engineering together with programming of PLC controlled equipment.
• Knowledge of health & Safety requirements for the setting and maintenance of machines and presses.
• To carry out machine setting and agreed machine maintenance to achieve maximum production whilst maintaining labour and production cost targets.
• To program PLC controlled equipment where required, understand control circuits, read wiring pneumatic drawings for special purpose machines and equipment.
• To ensure that after set up the products being produced meet with the agreed quality standards.
• To report and update on an agreed regular basis to the Machine Automation/Technician Supervisor matters of production, machine setting and all other relevant issues.
• Maintain knowledge of the latest trends and techniques associated with machine setting, programming reporting to senior management any developments that could have an effect on the company.
The hours are 7.30am till 4.30pm Monday to Thursday & 7.30am till 12.30pm on Fridays
1/2 for lunch
Salary is £15,379 per annum