The position for Health, Safety & Fire Safety Consultant in London is no longer available
Health, Safety & Fire Safety Consultant
Salary Dependant on qualifications & experience
Location UK based.
Oue client is a leading solution provider delivering a comprehensive range of Health, Safety and Workplace Risk Management services and software to major corporations and the property sector. We are looking for a Health & Safety Consultant/Practitioner and/or Technician/Graduate who is looking to start and build a career within an exciting and reputable business.
The ideal candidate will ideally be of a graduate calibre with a background of Fire safety with an interest in and working knowledge in the Safety/Environment Compliance industry. They will be provided with training and a comprehensive career development plan and leadership.
The role is ideal for someone who is looking to step up into a team manager position, which in itself will bring a variety of challenges in supervising and mentoring a team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and competent individual who has a passion for working in a team and thrives on new challenges and opportunities.
Using standard and basic proformas and product systems to provide standard product delivery.
· Carrying out comprehensive and complex fire risk assessments.
· Designing and compiling fire strategies
· Be able to use BS8800 Assessment models and understand its implementation in one or more of the following fields;
o Health and Safety
o Fire Safety
o Water Hygiene
o Construction (CDM)
· Be responsible for reviewing their own work to ensure that it meets our methodologies and model requirements.
· Undertake very basic audits within agreed methodologies and perimeters. Actively continuing personal knowledge of more advanced audit methodologies.
· Able to use standard report proformas to complete client deliverables.
· Complete sound and solid work that will support the consultant or lead consultant brief-ins. Provide evidence where appropriate of any trends in relation to outcomes - both positive and negative.
· Complete sound and solid assessments that will support the consultant or lead consultant retained service offering. Provide evidence where appropriate of any trends in relation to outcomes - both positive and negative.
· Be able to identify and adopt our clients existing reporting policy and process.
· Report any new risk, situation, issue or possible legislative change that will affect any of there products or systems to the Manager and Principal - Head of Profession.
· Deliver low-level and standard training to clients and their organisations with is based on a predetermined and written course content.
· Have awareness of the different models and includes this in their personal development plans.
· Have an awareness of principles and practices of Safe Systems of Work. Can identify opportunities when an Safe System of Work would be appropriate for a client and utilises the Returned Work spreadsheet to communicate opportunity to Ark.
· Have an understanding of the hierarchy of controls. Can implement this hierarchy based on hazards identified during assessments at client sites.
· Have a basic understanding of the necessity to manage suppliers and can identify the issues that supply chain organisations will be affected by.
· Have a basic understanding of the framework of the Health & Safety Work etc. Act 1974. Is actively developing themselves to gain a higher level understanding of legislative issues that impact the work they are completing.
If you are interested in applying for this position, or would like to know about the role in a more detail then please email