The position for Packaging Supervisor in Sherburn in Elmet is no longer available
To facilitate smooth running of the packaging department.
Manage and develop team of packaging/production staff
Ensure all staff are fully trained, report any training requirements to General Manager.
Make all staff aware of Health & Safety policy/procedures, ensure this is adhered to, in particular protective clothing.
Ensure all staff follow factory rules/procedures with regards to Food Hygiene and Safety
Plan daily production to ensure all catering/retail orders are met.
Report to General Manager on a daily basis with regards to any issues/staff or stock requirements.
Provide cover for the Butchery Manager.
Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
Member of the Internal Management team
Experience - essential
• Previous experience of working in a food production environment.
• Knowledge of production machinery/sleeving machinery set up and maintenance.
• The ideal candidate needs to be able to prioritise their workload and give clear instructions to other team members.
• Be able to communicate clearly at all levels.
• Think on their feet, and be pro-active in their approach to work.
• Reliable and with good time keeping, setting an example to other team members
• Basic Food Hygiene
• Full clean driving licence, preferably with 7.5 tonne