The position for Senior Electronics Engineer in Slough is no longer available
Senior Electronics Engineer
£40000 - £43000, Pension Scheme, Life Assurance 25 days holiday
This global company manufactures precision engineered electro-mechanical instrumentation devices for a diverse range of industries. They are currently seeking an experienced Senior Electronics Engineer with both digital and analogue design experience from a manufacturing / new product development (NPD) environment.
As Senior Electronics Engineer you will have the following responsibilities;
• Delivery of new electronic designs in areas of advanced measurement switches, ultrasonic sensors and transducers including maintaining the existing range of products dealing with upgrades, enhancements and obsolescence.
• Provide electronics engineering support to production engineering and marketing.
• Hands-on product development, developing product specifications and delivering designs
• Technical reporting and preparation of engineering project documentation
• Ensure compliance with existing and emerging standards for safety and reliability.
The ideal candidate will have a good mix of the following skills, experience and personal attributes;
• Degree in Electronics Engineering, or similar discipline
• Ideally a minimum of 5 years demonstrable applicable experience of electronic design & development in a similar or related industrial environment.
• Knowledge of low frequency, analogue design concepts
• General computer literacy, including Microsoft Office packages.
• Able to identify promising ideas and convert these into working designs.
• Action oriented, does not fear challenges and driven by results.
• Experience of design of transducer interface circuits and embedded micro controllers
• Familiarity with digital signal processing, especially as applied to transducer signal conditioning
• Experience of design and technology appropriate for harsh environments
• Relevant post-graduate qualification
• Experience of design for hazardous flammable environments.
• Knowledge and experience of safety and reliability standards including IEC61508.
• Presentation skills.
• Leadership skills and experience.
For office use only: Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Middlesex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey, Reading, Slough, electronic, design, industrial, measurement, switches, ultrasonic, sensors, transducers, new product development, NPD, vibrating, vibration, upgrades, enhancements, obsolescence, obsolete, projects, specifications, system, variants, variations, NPI, new product introduction, technical reporting, documentation, compliance, standards, safety, reliability, degree, graduate, Electronics Engineering, engineer, low frequency, analogue, analog, digital, concept, interface circuits, embedded, micro controllers, micros, micro-controllers, digital signal processing, DSP, signal conditioning, harsh environment, post-graduate qualification, hazardous, flammable, safety, reliability, IEC61508, Presentation skills, leadership skills and experience.