The position for Mathematical Developer in Cambridge, is no longer available
Our client, based in Cambridge, is seeking a Mathematical Developer with strong mathematical and C programming skills to work in a team that is responsible for the development of mathematical modelling engines from specification and design through to integration with in-house desktop and web-browser user interfaces.
The successful candidate will be a graduate in physical sciences, engineering, mathematics or computer science'
The Mathematical Developer will be involved in all stages of development including prototyping, design, implementation, maintenance and implementing solutions, automated test development, and maintenance.
In addition, there will be opportunities for customer-facing work in design, specification, consulting and ongoing support.
You will need strong mathematical and programming skills. Technical communication abilities are also essential as you must be able to understand client business processes quickly and explain clearly how the mathematical models work.
* Strong C development skills (although candidates with an outstanding background in another
object-oriented language may be considered)
* Strong mathematical ability
* Strong numerical analysis skills
* Strong communication skills
* Statistical modelling and data analysis experience
* Optimisation experience
* Research experience
* Familiarity with MS Visual Studio, Boost, STL, C /CLI and C 11