The position for IT Operations Specialist in East London is no longer available
IT Operations Specialist
Purpose of the Job:
- Carries out the full range of defined tasks associated with operating and controlling installed hardware, software and the computer-room environment, managing the Council?s server platforms and business applications.
- Ensures that infrastructure, business applications and databases perform to their optimum capability and meet or exceed client needs and priorities in line with agreed service levels.
- Maximises service availability and recovery both under normal circumstances and during the implementation of changes, following ITIL processes at all times.
- Packages and distributes upgrades and software releases, consolidates or virtualises servers and storage solutions, in line with planning of continuous improvement of services.
Extensive experience in technical implementation and support of Citrix Xenapp and Citrix Xen Desktop environment. This is not an architect or project management role, the requirement is for specific current in depth technical expertise.
Specific essential requirements:
- Implementation and maintenance of Xen Desktop 5 or higher.
- Implementation and Maintenance of Xenapp 5 and 6.5.
- Citrix Provisioning Server
- Xen Server
- Familiarity with working concepts of Netscaler V9 or higher
- Available for immediate start