The position for Technical Project Manager (Development based) in London is no longer available
Technical Project Manager (Development based)
Title: Technical Project Manager (Development based)
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Skills: Prince 2, Agile, Scrum, e-CRM, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008, SSIS, ASP.Net, C#, T-SQL
We are actively recruiting on behalf of one of the most exciting Digital e-CRM agencies in London for a SQL Technical Project Manager to take the lead on a number of dynamic email marketing based projects for well known clients. Our client is a multiple award winning agency who work with an impressive customer base across the globe in a friendly and professional manner.
The SQL Technical Project Manager will be working across a number of internal teams, including the SQL Server Database Development team, the ASP.Net / C# Web Development team, the T-SQL Production team, the Email Design team and the Database / Integration team to ensure that all projects meet client specifications. The current SQL Project Managers have worked their way up into the Project Management roles from the SQL Server Development team, and therefore all new and existing PMs are required to have technical competency in SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008, T-SQL, stored procedures, triggers, and ideally knowledge of SSIS.
Timescales on each project vary from client to client, however these could range from 1 week to 6 months depending on the scope of work.
As a Technical Project Manager, your responsibilities will include:
• Preparing quotes for clients and taking budgetary ownership – i.e. liaising with the relevant teams to ascertain the amount of man days required for each project and submitting these to the client for approval
• Working across all teams mentioned above to ensure that projects are running smoothly and are on schedule
• Liaising with the end client directly to fully manage their expectations
• Utilising your initiative to ensure that the correct assets are selected
In order to be successful in this role, the suitable Technical Project Manager must be quick, detail oriented and be able to work in a challenging and fast paced environment. Given that most projects will be database development or web development led, it is considered hugely advantageous if the successful Technical Project Manager came from a development background, with a particular focus on SQL Server 2005 / SQL Server 2008 databases.
To be considered, the Technical Project Manager should have proven experience in most of the following:
• Demonstrable experience in Project Management in a development (SQL Server based)
• Proficiency in MS Project 2007 / 2010, MS Excel and SharePoint
• Prince 2 / Agile and /or Scrum methodology experience (not essential)
• SQL Server development knowledge / experience (T-SQL, SSIS etc)
• MS development experience, i.e. ASP.Net / C# (not essential)
• Excellent communication skills
This is truly a unique opportunity that would suit someone looking for the next challenge in their career. With your hard work, commitment and dedication to this role, the successful Technical Project Manager can expect a salary of up to £45,000, regular appraisals, on-going development and training plus the opportunity to develop their career with a company that genuinely encourages people to realise their goals.
Apply now for an initial consultation!
Service 1st Recruitment Ltd operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.