The position for Systems Manager / IT Systems Manager - ERP, Manufacturing in Surrey is no longer available
Systems Manager / IT Systems Manager - ERP, Manufacturing
Systems Manager / IT Systems Manager / Systems Administrator– Engineering Manufacturing Company – ERP Systems
Our client requires an IT specialist to manage day to day IT issues/problems within a manufacturing environment. The job role reports to the Manufacturing Director.
ROLE SUMMARY: IT Systems Manager / Systems Administrator
This is a “hands on” technical role for a specialist to manage the day to day IT issues that can arise within a busy manufacturing company, with particular responsibility for the administration and management of their manufacturing and accounting software.
An external company maintains, proactively monitors and supports servers/users via a remote helpdesk, so this role will be acting as the main interface between them and our client, along with other Software and Hardware vendors for key business applications.
The administration management of the company’s current manufacturing and accounting software is where the majority of time on a daily basis will be spent.
Future plans are to replace their existing ERP system and rollout and administer a new system across the company, and will form the major part of this role.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: IT Systems Manager / Systems Administrator
• Administration of current Manufacturing/Accounting software.
• Data Analysis, extraction and reporting from current databases.
• Maintenance of IT security at all levels within the company.
• Maintaining The Company IT policy in accordance with new legislation.
• Managing new IT projects through to implementation as approved by the Board.
• Main point of contact to deal with IT issues relating to products we design, source/resell.
• First Line support for our Finished Goods department with any IT related issues.
• Creation and maintenance of a coherent IT policy for standardised hardware/software for company internal use.
• Specifying and initiating orders for new hardware/software, this will include on occasions, for large expenditure, a written justification and ROI plan.
• Assistance with some local, basic IT tasks such as (installing new memory, new software, rebuilding PC’s etc).
SKILLS REQUIRED: IT Systems Manager / Systems Administrator
• Previous experience working as a Systems Administrator working on an ERP database or similar in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to export and import data across databases/spreadsheets.
• Create management reports from databases using reporting software (Crystal Reports preferred) or via VBA, Access or Excel
• Implementation and management of software/hardware projects (ERP, 32 to 64 bit changeover impact to business, telephony systems as examples).
• Ability to communicate technically to our IT outsourcing company, and other IT providers.
• To communicate across all levels of the business to non IT personnel
• PC Configuration
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: IT Systems Manager / Systems Administrator
• ERP systems architecture –must have.
• MS Office Suite 2007/2010
• Windows Server 2003/2008
• Microsoft Exchange 2003/2010
• Familiar with a Manufacturing environment.
Additional information - ERP system currently used is Omnis from K3, formerly known as Kewill Micross, this covers all the manufacturing and operational departments, and is an opendbase3 system.
Accounting software is Sigma again from K3 which interfaces with Omnis.
Payroll software is Opera.
Our client may in the near future move away from K3, as the software is 1970’s and is not being developed but just supported. So any ERP systems experience generally required. (Microsoft, EFACS, SAP are just a sample of many out in the market at the moment).
Keywords: IT, Manufacturing, Systems, ERP, VBA, Access, Microsoft, Crystal Reports.
IT Systems Manager / Systems Administrator– Engineering Manufacturing Company – ERP Systems.
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000
Location: Woking, Surrey