The position for Middleware Developer in Basingstoke is no longer available
My leading client are looking to bring on board a Middleware Developer who will be responsible for the design, development and 3rd line support of large-scale / complex Service Orientated Architecture (SOA) and Java / JEE applications.
* Technical involvement in all stages of the development lifecycle of products and services, using SOA and Java / J2EE.
* Responsible for the development, integration, support and maintenance of internet and provisioning based applications/services written in Java.
* Accountable for software delivery from third party system integrators. Can demonstrate effective third party relationship building and end to end solution delivery within agreed architecture, development methodology and timescales.
* Provides day-to-day management of internal and/or offshore development resources and third party suppliers who are providing services or resources to the team.
* Responsible for signing off individual development stages including design, development, unit testing and approving work completed by third party suppliers.
* Responsible for ensuring that all deliverables are of appropriate quality and meet the sated requirements (e.g. design documentation, software, unit test documentation & results, etc).
* Responsible for delivering loosely coupled components with clearly defined interfaces within a large component based infrastructure that conforms to a detailed design and requirements definition.
* Responsible for all development aspects within the development lifecycle from design through to the support and enhancement of applications once they are in production.
* Work closely with IT Operations teams to ensure applications are operationally robust and that application performance remains within defined boundaries.
* Work with the Development Manager to define and maintain software development standards and methodologies. Promote development standards and best practice within the team.
* Proven track record in Java/J2EE development
* Experience of managing suppliers to ensure they deliver services and solutions agreed to within the terms of the contract. Ability to build effective working relationships between the two organisations.
* Proven experience of developing software within a well defined development process. Fully familiar with the tools and techniques used (e.g. RUP, UML, and Agile Development).
* Proven design and development skills, using some or all of the following technologies / languages:
* Java / J2EE, Web services (SOAP, Sun JCAPS) / Message based provisioning systems
* RDBMS experience (Oracle, mySQL)
* Tools (CVS, Subversion, Ant, Maven, CruiseControl, Eclipse)
* Application Server Environments (Sun Portal Server, Tomcat, Sun Access Manager)
* Java CAPS 6.2, Java CAPS 5.1.2
* Java, JEE5
* Glassfish (Advanced App Server fundamentals i.e. Clustering & Loadbalancing)
* Solaris 10, Sun SPARC, Unix
* Web Services, BPEL, XML, XSD, WSDL, EJB, XSL, JAXB, JAXWS, JDBC, JMS, JNDI, etc
* Netbeans, Eclipse, Tortoise CVS, SOAPUI, XML-Spy, etc
* Concepts: Service Oriented Architecture, Enterprise Application Integration, Enterprise Service Bus, Configuration, Release, Change & Build Management
* Frameworks - Spring, Hibernate, JBI, etc
To know more about this fantastic opportunity please forward your CV in a word document
With over 40 years of specialist experience, Advantage Technical Resourcing is the recruiter of choice for IT, Engineering and Energy professionals across EMEA. Working with some of the leading employers around the world Advantage offers global contract and permanent career opportunities across a wide range of industries and sectors. Please visit our website (url removed) to find out more about us.
Advantage Technical Resourcing. Services offered are those of an employment agency for permanent work and/or employment business for the supply of contract/temp work.