The position for Incident Coordinator in Taunton is no longer available
Purpose and Objectives of the Job
Provide a central point of contact for internal customers for all IMT issues, Logging all incidents, Providing advice to customers and/ or technical support to fix incidents at first-line, assigning incidents to appropriate second/ third line teams as appropriate, Retaining ownership of a queue of incidents whenever they are assigned to manage outcomes in line with business needs (for example, in line with Service Level Agreements targets), Delivery of account changes, remote access etc, Management of the equipment loan pool, Liaison with customers to provide feedback, gather additional information and confirm resolution, Liaison with other IMT departments when dealing with incidents and requests, Required to participate in a 24 x 7 shift rota.
Knowledge and Skills
Strong aptitude for analytical thinking- acquiring understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts.
Ability to identify gaps in the available information required to understand a problem or situation and devising means of remedying such gaps.
Able to establish and cultivate relationships and maintain contacts with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
Strong communication skills, both oral and written
Strong customer service ethic - understanding the needs of the internal of external customers and keeping them in mind when taking action or making decisions.
Excellent understanding of a team working- working co-cooperatively (rather than competitively) with others to achieve a common goal.
Familiar with networking concepts - the planning and management of the interaction between two or more networking systems, computers or other intelligent devices.
Proficient in the configuration/ support/ maintenance of the desktop toolset provided to the staff, this including PC's, printers, scanners, telephones etc. Specific technical skills included, but are not limited to:
* Microsoft windows 2000 professional and XP professional
* Microsoft Office 2003
* Email based on Microsoft Exchange and Outlook
* X86 PC architecture and components
* Remote control support tools
* Use of incident logging and tracking tools and associated knowledge functions
* Use of incidents logging and tracking tools and associated knowledge functions
* Installation and configuration of software packages, both stand alone and network hosted
* Familiarity with the software deployment tools telephone configuration and the service management tools are desirable
* Updating live websites via ftp
If you feel you have the relevant skills for this role then please call Rebecca on 01823 285440.
***Please note: Only successful candidates will be contacted***