The position for CERT Specialist in Scotland is no longer available
My client is highly successful and global Financial Services organisation. They currently have an opportunity for a System and Network Forensic Incident response specialist to join their team in Glasgow.
Job duties are mainly incident response functions related to IDS and AV alerts and the occasional analysis of live malware samples. Other incident response work may be required to support a broader range of activities within the larger IT Security department. The selected candidate will be located in Glasgow Scotland and will work with a global team of IT Security professionals.
* Experience performing incident detection, handling, and analysis in a operational environment (e.g. SOC, CERT teams);
* Knowledge of, and experience with packet analysis and/or IDS/IPS technology and/or malware analysis and/or vulnerability assessment;
* Experience in web site and web application security assessment or penetration testing ;
* Experience reviewing and analyzing Security Events from various monitoring and logging sources.
Candidates will possess:
* Formal education or a strong background in Computer Science, computer engineering or similar experience;
* An active knowledge of current trends in computer security, software/hardware vulnerabilities;
* An active interest in current security research;
* Ability to work as part of a Global CERT Team which requires rotational weekday/weekend on-call coverage;
* A strong sense of teamwork, an inquisitive mind and the desire to share knowledge ;
* Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision;
* Ability to understand and implement technical vulnerability corrections.
* Systems and Network Forensics;
* Knowledge of/Experience with Enterprise grade analysis tools (Encase, FTK, etc.);
* Malware analysis;
* Security product assessments ;
* Vulnerability research and exploit development ;
* Security tools development ;
* IDS / IPS / firewall / honeypot development ;
* Previous experience working as a part of an IT Security team within a financial institution.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global and dynamic team. Please send your cv asap