The position for Network Engineer in Kent is no longer available
Up to £40,000 plus benefits
Capita Plc is the UK's leading business process outsourcing company. Our goal is simple - to help our diverse customer base of public and private sector clients improve service to their customers.
At Capita we aim to attract, develop and retain talented people. As an employer we seek to ensure we invest in you for the long term. We've created an environment which empowers individuals and rewards performance as well as focusing on a healthy work life balance.
Currently we have several opportunities for confident and competent Network Engineers, to join our Platform Engineering Team based in Kent. We require individuals who are ready to accept and support allocation of a wide variety of Project related work and contribute to the delivery of over 600 Change Requests per month as well as Project Delivery in a highly demanding environment, meeting client SLA and agreed project deadlines. This is a role which will give you wide network infrastructure exposure as well as the opportunity to gain all the associated benefits of being part of a FTSE 100 business including long term career stability and development opportunities.
As Network Shift Engineer you responsibilities will include:
List principle Responsibilities:
* Monitor Support queues and with the guidance of the Network Provisioning Manager ensure any potential issues are addressed and reported.
* Ensure adherence to policies, standards and controls.
* Follow and adhere to Standard Build Documentation
* Update relevant documentation in relation to change requests and project related work.
* Ensure prompt and efficient resolution of change requests, meeting SLA requirements.
* Identify areas of improvement for adding to Management SIP
* Production of technical procedure support documentation and publications.
* Participate in Project Work as required for Network Services.
* Manage and engage with third party suppliers or maintainers as required.
* Work with Project Managers and third party suppliers during the approval of handover in to BAU.
* Perform on call cover as required outside of core hours
As a Network Engineer we will need you to have:
* CCNP - Cisco Certified Network Professional OR CCSE - Checkpoint Certified Systems Engineer (R75) OR F5 - Expert OR JCIE - Juniper Certified Internetwork Engineer
* Experience of Support & build
* Experience in producing design / support documentation
* Experience of several firewall technologies and their respective management platforms.
* An understanding of the purpose of firewalls in a multi client data centre environment.
* Technical expertise in IP networks.
* Excellent Network troubleshooting skills
* Eligibility for Security Clearance
Please do click on the below link to apply. Please note that successful candidates will be subject to a CRB check.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.