The position for Production Engineer - Machining in Tamworth is no longer available
Production Engineer - Machining
Our client based in Tamworth specialises in the Design, Development & Manufacture of specialist brakes & clutches, is currently looking for Production Engineer – Machining.
You will have to
- Support the Manufacturing & production Engineering Manager in delivering smooth & effective support to the manufacturing business
- Achievement of KPI targets for, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Versatility
- Promote a “Visual Management” method of communication with the Team and others
- Communicate by “exception” risk and/or concerns in time to allow recovery action planning
- Ensure all company procedures are adhered to
- Deal with constraints or secures support/assistance of the Manufacturing & Production Engineer Manager.
- Promote high level of housekeeping throughout manufacturing environment to 5S standard.
- Control & supervision of overtime working by prior agreement with the Manufacturing & Production Engineering Manager
- Ensures processes tools and technique are developed to “best practice” working with production
- Creating production CNC programs & proving out
- Identify ways to reduce costs
- Identifying project costs and agreeing control limits with Manufacturing & Production Engineering Manager
- Work closely and be proactive with Design Engineers in order to optimise designs for machining (DFM)
- Analysis of and solutions to problems relating to the machining process (eg, identifying weaknesses in these processes and initiating the appropriate actions)
- Collecting data and investigating non-conformances to initiate corrective actions to achieve the division’s quality targets
- Define maintenance & TPM plans ensure plant/equip is maintained/serviced in line with requirements
- Supporting production on their daily targets and advise Production Team Leaders & setters to ensure smooth machining processes
- Give support to manufacturing engineering activities for identifying long term manufacturing strategies
- Generating process documentation and maintaining it (PFMEA, Control Plans, Flow Charts & Process docs e.g. Layout etc)
- Specifying designs for fixtures & tooling for in house or subcontract manufacture.
- Perform other production engineer activities as and when required
Manufacturing/production engineering experience, gained within a low to
medium volume high quality CNC machining environment.
Ideally have a background in jig & fixture design, including build & prove
Salary will be up to £30,000 plus overtime.