The position for CNC Turner in Yeovil is no longer available
We are recruiting for Machinists on behalf of a prestigious company based in Yeovil. The position involves being responsible for the setting and operating of conventional and CNC machinery, in order to produce components to the appropriate quality and timescales.
Main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Setting machinery following the Job Card and Process Sketch Data
- Operating the machinery
- Responsible for ensuring "first off" and batch work meets process sketch requirements
- Ensuring that components are handled and stored appropriately
Successful applicants must have the following:
- Experience with Jig Boring, Grinding and Turning or a combination of any of these
- Qualified to NVQ level 3 in Engineering Production or equivalent qualification time served in an Engineering Apprenticeship in a relevant discipline.
- Familiar with Aerospace standard engineering drawings is an advantage.
- A flexible approach to changing work priorities
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team are essential.
Successful Machinists must be willing to work to a flexible shift pattern and able to provide certificates of apprenticeship / qualifications.
Meridian Business Support are acting on behalf of our Clients as a Recruitment Business.