The position for Engineering Technician in Surrey is no longer available
Our Client is a leading medical devices company. They are looking for an Engineering Technician who will be able to provide technical support to the varied and diverse projects being carried out and supported by the research and development team. This role is lab based but it will be hands on. You will be required to work to GMP standards involving the manufacturing, testing and developing of these products. In addition to this you will be collating and analysing data on the characteristics of these products.
Your main duties will include:
- Providing technical support for the development, manufacture and characterisation of development products to ISO and GMP requirements
- Organising and co-ordinating the external processing and testing of products and samples
- Testing and characterising developing products by a variety of standard test methods
- Providing technical support by testing and characterising products for regulatory and marketing support
- Developing new test methods and aid in the implementation of new test equipment
- Ensuring that all interactions and engagements are carried out with the highest ethical and professional standards
- A minimum of a BSc (in Materials Science or engineering) or equivalent qualification is required. However, suitable engineering or hands on experience would be considered as an alternative to a formal qualification.
- Laboratory/workshop experience working with chemicals in a COSHH and HASAW environment.
- Competent with MS Office.
- experience working in a cleanroom environment.
- experience with manufacturing medical devices to ISO13485 quality standards and working to controlled procedures.
To apply for this role please call 01753 623 967 or email your CV quoting reference number 2182516. Lab Support is unable to employ any candidates requiring a sponsorship to work in the UK and all applicants must be in a position to accept employment without infringement of their immigration status. Lab Support is working as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.