The position for R& D Assistant - Formulation in East Riding of Yorkshire is no longer available
R& D Assistant - Formulation
R & D Assistant, Yorkshire
Permanent £18k - £24k
Our client is looking for an R&D Assistant to carry out formulation development of new personal care/ cosmetic products for a global brand which is no 1 or 2 in all key markets.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Hands on assistance with all aspects of NPD projects
- Support the identification and implementation of technology solutions to deliver desired consumer experience
- Solving project derived technical problems using experience, advice and technical support available.
- Actively seeks all relevant information necessary for progressing projects.
- Suggesting improvement on the products, methods or management of the laboratory
- The production of lab samples, testing of product (performance, stability, analytical…), the preparation of technical reports and presentation of the results of these tests and investigations with some interpretation.
- Systematically keeping his/ her laboratory notebook up to date.
- Developing , validating, implementing and reviewing procedures/ processes used in the laboratory
- Participating in industrial trials as required for the production of consumer test samples or scale-up studies.
- The maintenance of his/ her laboratory equipment and working space.
- Ensuring that work is carried out according to current/ requisite guidelines and legislation, including Health and Safety practices.
- Be consumer aware to design products to delight consumers.
- Manufacturing knowledge and experience to ensure that recommended solutions are feasible from a production standpoint.
The ideal candidate will hold a BSc or equivalent in a related discipline and will have worked in Personal Care/ Health care/ FMCG formulation laboratory. Knowledge of formulation chemistry is also essential.
You will also have a good understanding of regulatory requirements in the cosmetics field.
If you are interested please apply online or contact Ayesha on 0161 868 2216.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carlisle Staffing plc, trading as SRG is an Employment Business/Agency.
SRG, winners of the Recruitment Professional Awards 2011 'Best Company to work for' and 'Best People Development Business' awards, and the only "highly commended" company in the Annual Recruiter Awards for Excellence 2011, for 'Best Small Recruitment Agency to Work For'.