The position for Nursing home manager in Pontypool is no longer available
Nursing home manager
Nursing home manager
We are looking for a strong Dynamic Nursing home manager.
You will be working for one of the country’s leading care providers is a Pontypool facility that is pleasantly located and well set up to provide care packages for nursing and dementia care needs.
Both specialised and more general assistance can be offered by a skilled team, looking to respect the independence of residents while achieving quality services
You will be responsible for the care and wellbeing of 110 residents 20% of whom need nursing care.
You will be a qualified RGN or RMN, Hold RMA and ILM Level 5 or NVQ level 4 in health and social care and have experience of managing nursing homes. You will be expected to deliver the highest standards of care possible to the service users and you will be responsible for ensuring that the nurses and care staff deliver the same high standards of care
1. Liaising with the General Manager to ensure the effective operation of the home.
2. Ensuring staff meetings take place regularly.
3. Ensuring team members receive regular supervision and training along with any other support required to perform in their roles.
4. Liaising with the HR Business Office Co-ordinator to ensure that new starter paperwork is in place i.e. contracts, references, ISA checks, CRB checks, and proof of eligibility to work in the UK, prior to new team members’ start dates.
5. Ensuring compliance with CSSIW (CQC) standards and the delivery of high quality of care within the community and to liaise effectively with CSSIW (CQC) Inspectors, Neighbourhood Managers and the Area team.
6. Ensuring all documentation is completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
7. Working in partnership with the DCRs and Neighbourhood Managers in arranging assessments and ensuring ‘move ins’ are managed sensitively and in line with the move in policy and process. All ‘move ins’ must be approved by the Registered Manager.
8. Implementing and championing the ‘Designated Care Manager’ working approach.
9. Reporting complaints about quality of care and/ or regulatory compliance in line with Sunrise complaints policy.
10. Providing feedback to the General Manager regarding maintenance of the community, dining services and activities and to ensure these comply with CSSIW (CQC) regulations.
11. Establishing close positive links within the local area including GPs, discharge co-ordinators, private hospitals and other appropriate organisations.
12. Attending meetings / updates and training sessions as required.
13. Maintaining continuous professional development as required by their role and the Registered Manager responsibilities.