The position for Quality Surveyor Airframes, Combustion and Test in North Wales is no longer available
Quality Surveyor Airframes, Combustion and Test
Required to develop and support Quality Assurance Surveillance/Engineering activities during build test, and, in service development test activities of complex aircraft and integrated systems, on site and away from base.
1. Capable of interpreting and documenting airworthiness regulatory requirements into practicable workable solutions under complex contractual obligations and, providing ongoing related guidance and advice to the businesses team members.
2. Interfacing within sites on QA related issues assist in the definition and implementation of regulatory and airworthiness subject matters.
3. Can undertake independently, or assist in, internal and external audits, (product and process orientated) in support of business and sub contractor/suppliers approvals and follow corrective actions through to closure.
4. Able to hold their own and maintain the Quality perspective during lively discussions with Engineering and Flight Operations team members.
5. Ability to work with, and co-ordinate multiple, some times unrelated subject matters, associated to internal and external regulatory and customers issues.
6. Support general QA activities in reviewing key Quality monitoring measures, Non Conforming product, Scrap/Reject rates etc. through to close out of root cause issues.
7. With minimal guidance must be able to undertake investigative processes into events in a methodical and thorough manner whilst maintaining complete impartiality and independence. There after producing associated reports and closing down issues raised in a timely manner.
8. The successful applicant will be expected to be involved with all aspects of monitoring and providing guidance in QA matters related to test activities of the product range both on and off site. They will also be an active participant in the delivery process requirements related to the product range hand over to and from the customer.
9. Review and action of incoming airworthiness related information and its controlled dissemination throughout the business.
10. Assist in training activities related to the Quality function.
11. Travel may be required to sites around the UK in support of test and acceptance.
Education and Experience
1. Direct operational involvement with regulatory authority representatives in all facets of the "Regulatory Authority to Business" relationships.
2. Has experience of working within a Quality Assurance function.
3. Has experience of aircraft test and airworthiness requirements
4. CAA LWTR in B2 categories, or comparable qualification/experience.
5. ISO and/or CAA auditor trained.
1. Some involvement within an aircraft-manufacturing environment would be advantageous.
2. Has been involved with Military regulatory bodies related to aircraft test and maintenance