The position for Senior Systems Engineer - Force Protection in Basildon is no longer available
Senior Systems Engineer - Force Protection
Our client are a leading defence communication systems designer and manufacturer. They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to join them in their Basildon offices developing force protection equipment
Purpose of Job;
The Senior Systems Engineer will support the Force Protection and ECMS Group in the definition and implementation of ECM solutions for the combat infantry and vehicle soldier environments. The Senior Systems Engineer role takes the lead from an engineering perspective on designing and delivering world class solutions.
This role will involve customer and stakeholder liaison in developing candidate solutions that match the user vision.
- Responsible for the definition of systems and equipment level requirements, performance, functionality, design verification and validation.
- Responsible for project quality, technical integrity and conformity to product requirements ("the design solution and its definition") within project time and cost constraints
- Ownership of the technical processes to be applied at project level for systems, software, & hardware.
- Responsible for the maturity and quality of product data, documentation and records.
- Planning, organising and conducting Design Reviews.
- Supporting customer and supplier interactions.
- Product safety and regulatory compliance.
- Generating design certification.
- Responsible for the authorisation of the technical work of others.
Qualified to degree standard in a physics or an electronics based subject or with equivalent relevant experience.
Prior experience required
The successful candidate will have had extensive relevant technical experience, having conducted a wide variety of systems and hardware engineering tasks related to digital and RF communications. It is not expected that candidates will be experts at all aspects of the job, but in order to ensure they can pick up the skills and experience required they will have to be comfortable with working closely with present members of the Force Protection Team.
Recent engineering experience shall include:
· An understanding of RF Development.
· Definition of communications system architectures.
· Experience of the full product and system development lifecycle.
· Customer Liaison.
· Development of DSP and Software Definable Waveform technology (Desirable).
· Development using MatLab (Desirable).
· Experience in developing military communications or ECM systems & interoperability (Desirable).
· Experience in bid writing and support. (Desirable).
· Experience in Requirements Management & Toolsets (e.g. DOORS) (Desirable).
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.