The position for Principle Mechanical Engineer in Solihull is no longer available
Principle Mechanical Engineer
A large consultancy is looking for a Principle Mechanical Engineer for the Water & Waste Water Industry.
There are plans to expand the team due to increase workload. This role would suit a masters calibre engineer with demonstratable ability within the sector.
The Successful Candidate will contribute to the management and design of water and waste water schemes for our local client base. Work as part of a multi-disciplinary teams of civil, mechanical, process and electrical/C&I engineers. Provide Mechanical Discipline leadership to Project engineering teams, particularly whilst mentoring and guiding other team members. Have awareness of project and programme management and be aware of and understand the commercial and financial consequences of their actions and the actions of others.
The Ideal Candidate will plan and manage the delivery of the technical and financial elements of a project (including times, cost and quality).
* Preparation or supervision of preparation of outline and detailed drawings for plant general arrangements, P & IDs
* Design / project co-ordination / contract management
* equipment selection
* Hydraulic analysis
* Production of technical specifications
* Design liaison and coordination with plant vendors/contractors
* Exposure to water/wastewater process plant design
* Condition surveys, technical studies, design calculations
* CDM coordination including development of Risk Assessments & Method Statements
* Assisting the Commercial Department, in the preparation of enquiry documents, the evaluation of returned tenders and prepares bid evaluation documentation
* Managing sub contract packages, ensuring integration of design
* Inspection and Testing of equipment if required at the factory or site
* On site commissioning if required or advising commissioning engineers
* Recognised academic qualifications, Degree, HND, HNC etc.
* Recognised professional qualifications including membership of appropriate / relevant professional institution.
The successful candidate should be computer literate with significant exposure to the municipal water/wastewater industry in a client, contractor or consultant role.