The position for Bespoke Trip Planner in West London is no longer available
Bespoke Trip Planner
Calling all exceptional luxury trip planners! Are you looking for the pinnacle in luxury travel consultant jobs? Our client is a new breed of travel company. It creates truly bespoke journeys for well-travelled discerning individuals, who expect something more than luxury and beyond extraordinary. If you have solid experience of servicing very high-end and high net worth individuals and their bespoke travel desires, we want to hear from you!
Applying insight, thought and creativity, our client's trip planners dig deeper and cast their net wider to include the most hard-to-access events, activities, and personal introductions to inspirational individuals. They control all aspects of each experience they create to ensure flawless delivery. Each journey is a unique and unforgettable story.
This role is similar to that of a Travel Consultant with a traditional travel company. The significant difference is that if traditional Travel Consultants spend most of their time selling travel, a Trip Planner will spend most of their time brainstorming, applying creativity and conceptual thought to create unique travel experiences.
You manage bespoke trip planning in your specific areas of expertise.
- Receiving clients' brief
- Conducting exhaustive desk or in-country trip planning research using myriad tools and resources
- Corresponding and communicating with clients by phone or email
- Meeting with clients to present itineraries
Whilst you will have a specific area of expertise you will be expected to be sufficiently flexible to assist with client management and trip planning in other regions and on other projects.
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT & MARKETING
-You will be responsible for building our client's knowledge base and managing local partner relationships in your area of regional expertise.
-You will liaise with local partners, regional tourism boards to create travel concepts and content.
-You will be responsible for monitoring competitive activity in your area of regional responsibility.
-You will represent the company at industry events and trade shows and other events.
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
A pre-defined amount of time each week will be devoted to New Business Development. Specifically this will involve:
- Being proactive in developing new business opportunities
- Initiating contact and pursuing the relationship until conversion
- Developing new business initiatives or events focused on your area of regional expertise
- Achieving predetermined new business targets
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
This particular role requires:
- A creative, unconventional and conceptual thinker and problem solver
- A positive attitude, enthusiasm and sense of humour
- Obsessive attention to detail and big picture thinking
- Someone who is hard working, who seeks excellence and continuous improvement
- Excellent written and oral English
- Computer skills, Word, Excel, Adobe InDesign… and should know when to outsource skills
- Passion for and a willingness to travel
The successful candidate will receive one of the best basic salary packages in the industry, as well as the opportunity to earn an OTE of £40k+! The working hours are Mon to Fri 9 to 5.30.
If you feel you have the required luxury travel industry experience and skill set to succeed in this demanding role, please contact Michael on. Alternative click 'Apply'.