The position for Centre Manager/Branch Manager in Manchester is no longer available
Centre Manager/Branch Manager
Our Client, a leading provider of services supporting unemployed people, is currently looking for a Centre Manager.
Currently one of the UK's largest and most experienced providers of Government funded welfare to work and skills training programmes, our client helps thousands of people each year to find work or gain qualifications through a diverse portfolio of employability and skills contracts.
Based in Manchester it is commutable from Manchester, Prestwich, Stockport, Cheadle, Altrincham, Salford, Eccles and Swinton.
To manage, deliver and achieve the strategic, corporate and departmental business plan objectives; manage the respective staff; continuously improve performance, operations, quality and customer care.
• To manage the delivery of the Department’s provisions and contracts
• Manage the respective staff and operations
• Achieve business plan objectives and continuously improve performance, quality and customer care
• Undertake and co-ordinate delivery provision and projects across all stages of the delivery cycle to achieve the job and training outcome targets as specified in the respective business plans
• To participate as a key stakeholder and active member of local partnerships to further the aims and objectives of local partnerships and the Company
• To manage, support and monitor sub-contractors to ensure delivery satisfies the appropriate quality and contract performance targets.
• Adhere to the company’s policies and procedures at all times, including Equal Opportunities, Quality, Health and Safety and IT
• Ensure a professional and positive working relationship with internal and external customers and continually strive to exceed customer expectations
• Such other duties and responsibilities as may be determined from time to time
Knowledge & Experience:
• Previous experience of managing staff
• Experience and proven track record in relevant employment/ recruitment sector
• Good knowledge of local labour market
• Experience with a training provider, in recruitment or career guidance
• Experience of developing internal and external working relationships
• Previous experience of working with disadvantaged groups
• Experience of working to and meeting targets
• Knowledge of government benefits and “better-off” calculations
Skills & Personal Attributes:
• Positive approach to problem solving with a “can-do” attitude
• Organised and efficient methods of working
• IT literacy – proficient to intermediate level on MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer
• Previous experience of using databases
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication skills, both written and verbal
• To have a real commitment to, and interest in the personal and occupational success of the long term unemployed
Ideally you will be working as a centre manager, branch manager, head of centre, recruitment manager or a operations manager.
In return for your hard work and commitment we are offing a salary of between £23,000 - £28,000, depending on experience.
Rullion are acting as an employment agency in reference to this vacancy.