The position for HR Customer Service Administrator (12 month FTC) in Milton Keynes is no longer available
HR Customer Service Administrator (12 month FTC)
Position: HR Customer Service Administrator
Location: Milton Keynes, MK9
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Working Pattern: Shifts between the hours of 7.45 and 18.15
Ideal Start Date: 4th June 2012
We are world renowned for our first class service and the quality we deliver. Do you have high standards and want be part of a great team? We have an opportunity for you to develop your HR Career within our Supply Chain Division at our Central HR function. As a HR Customer Service Administrator you will deliver an efficient and accurate HR and pay administration service to employees and line managers for all activities associated with the employee lifecycle, through the application of DHL SC policies and procedures, within agreed performance levels and to comply with all statutory requirements. You will also provide timely and relevant information and advice, when requested, to employees, managers and external parties, within agreed parameters in order to maximise customer efficiency, effectiveness and confidence.
At DHL, people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building THE logistics company for the world.
Under the DHL Supply Chain umbrella, one of the business units of DHL, our mission is to provide customized logistics and industry solutions in the areas of supply chain management, warehousing, distribution, value added services, and lead logistics provider services for our customers - helping them deliver better results everyday.
What are you accountable for achieving?
Performance and Customer Services Delivery
- Deliver a quality and professional service to all customers
- Resolve day to day customer service enquiries, issues and complaints, escalating as appropriate, and deal with any service recovery.
- Provide efficient employee and pay administration and timely advice to customers on employee lifecycle activitie
- Ensure that all employee data is entered into Oracle and associated HR systems in a timely, accurate and consistent manner, to agreed standards and targets.
- Create and maintain documents, records and data to agreed procedures and standards.
- Ensure the contact management system reflects the nature of the query to ensure a high level of customer service satisfaction.
- Action workflow requests in a timely and consistent manner
- Identify and escalate issues and incident
- Liaise with customers as required and in accordance with guidelines and parameters to ensure smooth operation of transactional services.
- Ensure a high level of confidentiality is maintained in all aspects of work.
Employee Services Administration
- Administer end to end employee lifecycle transactional processes, including joiners, movers, leavers, pay changes, special leave types and compensation and benefit administration for all employees and managers.
- Administer changes to individual's terms and conditions
- Administer the probation period, liaising with the line manager, escalating any formal issues to the Employee Relations team.
- Administer deductions and calculate entitlements
- Ensure the prompt and accurate processing of leavers.
- Support the administration of employee relations/performance cases
- Undertake the role of note-taker, where appropriate
Pay and Reward Administration
- Effectively process pay data, documentation and information to ensure timely and accurate production of the DHL SC payrolls.
- Maintain accurate records and history of the pay and ensure all statutory documentation is correctly filed including miscellaneous and year end returns in accordance with the requirements of Internal Audit and the HMRC.
- Deal with and comply with statutory obligations under PAYE and pensions as required
- Action voluntary deductions as authorised by the employee.
- Support HR Customer Services Advisors in relation to pay related queries, if and when required.
- Administer insurance claims and produce relevant correspondence
- Administer Reward/Benefit schemes on behalf of DHL SC.
Contracts & Employment Compliance
- Ensure effective candidate administration to enable an efficient and fair selection process
- Administer and monitor the recruitment process for internal and external candidates, including standard offers, referencing, issuing of contracts of employment and joining instructions, within agreed timescales and service standards.
- Ensure accurate pre-employment checks are undertaken and recorded e.g. CRB checks, NI numbers, etc, using the appropriate technology.
- Provide timely, accurate advice to new starters regarding their induction, and DHL SC systems and processes
- Ensure all renewal employment checks are conducted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Proactively provide reports to managers highlighting non-compliance with renewal employment checks
- Ensure all corporate policies, standards and agreed HR Customer Service processes are adhered to by all staff, rectifying any non-conformities as appropriate
- Understand the needs of customers (internal and external) and continuously seek to improve customer service
- Understand all relevant performance indicators and use performance information to continually improve services
- Contribute towards the HR Customer Service Delivery strategy, with a view to identifying means of improving performance. Assist in reviewing business processes as necessary.
Coaching and Training
- Coach and mentor colleagues
- Deliver training to new starters within the team
What will you need as a successful HR Customer Service Administrator?
Building & Managing Partnerships
- Engages stakeholders effectively, resolving issues and understanding drivers/needs
Commitment to Excel
- Self-motivated, well-organised, adaptable, and resilient.
- Responds to challenging priorities with a sense of urgency and pace.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to display initiative to resolve problems.
- Demonstrate commitment to the DHL SC Values and behaviours and embedding them in the company culture
- Always look for ways to improve the service or experience given to customers
- Works creatively making decisions and thinking outside the box
- Able to make sound decisions based on a broad view of the situation within an HR environment.
- Able to take a holistic view of the customer journey.
- Deals with confidential or sensitive issues discreetly
- Confident, articulate and comfortable providing support.
- Ability to listen, understand and interpret information.
- Ability to establish rapport by modifying language and tone to fit listener
- Always approaches things from the customer's perspective seeing potential problems & finding solutions
- Develops great customer relationships, is honest and fair always accessible and approachable
- Always tries to meet or exceed the customer'' expectations, stand by decisions and actions, commit to things that are delivered.
Cross Border Thinking
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions based on analysis of the relevant information and deliver innovative solutions to problems.
- A high level of numeracy and the ability to analyse and interpret data in a high volume environment
- Be a team player with the ability to motivate and work alongside others and share best practice.
- Ability to constructively challenge the norm and encourages the generation of innovative ideas
- Ability to plan, taking a pragmatic approach to meet required deadlines.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work loads to meet service standards/deadlines.
- Ability to contribute to the development of performance indicators and use them proactively to improve performance.
- Quickly identifies problems and finds workable solutions
- Experience in using MS Excel, PowerPoint & Oracle HRMS.
- Working towards CIPD or CPP or payroll related qualification or relevant HR/Payroll experience
- Experience of delivering to customer service targets within a complex environment
- Experience of working in HR or Payroll team, ideally within a customer orientated commercial environment
- An understanding of employment legislation, its application and best practice
- A broad understanding of the HR employee lifecycle
- Knowledge of DHL DC HR processes and procedures
- An understanding of the role HR Customer Service Delivery plays and its interactions with other HR functions across the employee life cycle
- Able to fully utilise standard Microsoft Office products and the application of Oracle, HR systems and workflow/case management
What will you get in return?
In addition to this excellent opportunity to broaden your experience, our package includes: 25 days holiday, defined contribution pension scheme and access to discounts with major high street retailers.
If this sounds like a role for you, please click the apply button.
Here at DHL we are an equal opportunities employer: all together different, all together successful.