The position for Field Data Capture Technician in Alfreton is no longer available
Field Data Capture Technician
Vacancies have arisen within one of our leading projects operating within the East Midlands and South Yorkshire areas replacing gas distribution mains.
As a Field Data Capture Technician, you will be working in the Data Management Team within the project. The role is essential in terms of recording works performed by engineering construction teams out in the field and relying information, in a timely manner to high levels of accuracy, to the Back Office administration team.
The is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful project and full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
* Travel to construction sites throughout the East Midlands and South Yorkshire areas is required, therefore being willing to travel is essential
* Work closely and communicate daily with Construction Engineers, Supervisors and Engineering Team Leaders
* Record as-built and as-abandoned asset information to high levels of accuracy
* Submit asset information to the Back Office administration team within the required timescales
* Deal with and act quickly upon queries regarding work submitted
* Follow strictly the protocols and procedures for capturing asset information
GCSE's in Mathematics and English are essential
Candidates will be preferred if they have received higher education
Working knowledge of technical drawing software will be an advantage such as AutoCAD
Experience & Skills Required for this role
* Previous experience in digitising utility assets would be a distinct advantage
* The preferred candidate must be willing and happy to travel across the East Midlands and South Yorkshire regions
* A full driving license is essential
* It is essential that candidates are happy to work outdoors all year round to completely fulfil the role
* Computer literacy is essential
* Being able to complete neat and legible engineering drawings is essential
* Experience in operating software such as ESRI and AutoCAD is ideal
* Good communication skills are essential to be able to fulfil the role in its entirety
* Be happy to work within a fast paced environment and to tight timelines
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. In return you can expect a competitive salary and comprehensive range of benefits. As you would expect from a FTSE 100 company, there are excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the link below.
AMEC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.
AMEC (LSE: AMEC) is a focused supplier of consultancy, engineering and project management services to its customers in the world's oil and gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. With annual revenues of some £3.3 billion, AMEC designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets and employs over 27,000 people in around 40 countries worldwide.