The position for Senior Estimator (PFI Developmets) in Birmingham, West Midlands, England is no longer available
Senior Estimator (PFI Developmets)
My client is a leadingUKcontractor with specific focus across large MoJ, MoD, PFI, medical, education and leisure developments. They are now seeking a senior estimator to join their already successful team in Birmingham.
• · Current or previous experience in operating in a Senior Estimator or Managing Estimator capacity within a National Main Contracting organisation.
• · Knowledge and experience of "first principle" analytical estimating across all sectors, particularly Custodial, Education and Healthcare
• · Must be experienced in projects over £30m in value.
• · Framework experience required ideally PFI
• · Experience with all forms of contract.
• · Management and organisational experience.
• · Appropriate Construction related degree/HND or similar.
• · Computer literate - estimating software etc.
• · Awareness of Industry procurement methods.
• · Understanding of Whole Life Costs.
• · Experience of Facilities Maintenance
• · Cost Planning
• · Specialist Knowledge ideally:
Cost Planning "rates" across relevant sectors.
Working knowledge of BREEAM.
The Role: including but not limited to:
• · To manage and co-ordinate tendering activity, liaison with Consultants, Clients and internal colleagues as appropriate in the formulation and submission of bids.
• · Preparation of complete tenders and supervision of others undertaking bidding work.
• · Delegate responsibility for preparation of tenders to appropriate staff members under their direct supervision.
• · Liaise with Head of Estimating to ensure that adequate and sufficient resources are available to meet bidding commitments.
• · Monitor progress of tenders including re-allocation of resources as necessary.
• · Liaise with other department heads and outside Consultants/practices where necessary, to ensure that adequate resources are in place to meet particular bidding requirements.
• · Liaise with Proposals Managers/Design Managers, where applicable and attend design team meetings.
• · Appraisal of tender documentation upon receipt for adequacy, sufficiency and initial risk profile.
• · Prepare initial cost Plans as appropriate and monitor against design development/market testing.
• · Engage external quantity surveyors to prepare quantities and//or Cost Plans, determine & agree scope of works, fee basis & timescales, monitor progress.
• · Evaluation of preliminaries with due regard to project programme, liaising appropriately with Operational Directors/Managers.
• · Co-ordination of tender risks and compilation of Risk Register