The position for Contracts Support in Normanton is no longer available
Position: Contracts Support
Location: Normanton, Nottingham & Chester
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, 37.5hrs per week
Ideal Start Date: Immediately
We are offering one exceptional candidate the chance to be a Contracts Support in our Supply Chain Division based at our site in Normanton West Yorkshire
As a Contract Support your primary responsibility will be to provide a supporting function to the Contract Managers, Senior Contact Manager & Head of Contracting in relation to ensuring support on tender construction, submission and evaluation & liaison with Inventory and Operations
At DHL, people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building THE logistics company for the world.
Under the DHL Supply Chain umbrella, one of the business units of DHL, our mission is to provide customized logistics and industry solutions in the areas of supply chain management, warehousing, distribution, value added services, and lead logistics provider services for our customers - helping them deliver better results everyday.
What are you accountable for achieving?
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with customers,suppliers and other departments. Collaborates internally to provide customer service
- Seeks opportunities to improve existing routines or processes.
- Plans and carries change through to completion
- To support and manage the inbound tendering activity through to completion/award
- Supports the Contract Manager in delivering operational models that outline the most efficient way to manage tendering activity.
- Works closely with Inventory and operations to ensure adequate operational/functional input
- Supports the procurement Plan and ensures key milestones within the OJEUtimescale are delivered
- Supports the construction of tender documentation, award recommendation and contract launch process.
- Is an integral part of delivering an efficient process so that contracts launch on time.
What will you need as a successful Contracts Support
- A broad base of GCSE's is desirable in addition to any relevant NVQ's
- Additional hours may be requested at the discretion of the manager in relation to
- commercial environmental needs. The job holder is expected to be flexible and
- prepared to work additional hours in line with any EU working time directive.
What will you get in return?
In addition to the excellent opportunities for progression, our package includes 25 days holiday, defined contribution pension scheme and access to discounts with major high street retailers.
If this sounds like a role for you, please click the apply button.
Here at DHL we are an equal opportunities employer: all together different, all together successful.