The position for Commercial Development Manager, New Business - Southampton - Kingfishe in Southampton is no longer available
Commercial Development Manager, New Business - Southampton - Kingfishe
Kingfisher Future Homes
Commercial Development Manager - New Business
Salary: Â£45,000 to Â£60,000
Kingfisher Future Homes is the newest operating company within the Kingfisher Group. We are responsible for developing and launching energy efficient propositions across our retail and trade OpCos to gain competitive advantage within an emerging Â£20 billion energy efficient market over the next 5 years.
One of the major drivers for this market is a new government backed scheme, the Green Deal. The Green Deal will allow homeowners to pay for their home improvements, insulation and more efficient heating systems, through savings on their energy bills - its our job to give our customers the opportunity to access Green Deals to improve their homes.
Working closely with B&Q, TradePoint, Screwfix, Plumbfix, Electrifix, National Energy Services and other key partners, our mission is to make home energy efficiency affordable, easy to understand and revolutionise the market for both our tradesmen and consumers.
We are developing a one stop shop for our retail customers to give them everything they need to make their home more energy efficient and reduce their bills. From simple DIY advice to an in home assessment, followed by the installation of measures in their homes, our customers won't need to look any further.
For our tradesmen, we will provide them with training solutions, products, advice, knowledge and support to ensure that the Green Deal can help them grow their business and meet the consumer demand that they will receive from their customers.
To develop and deliver new commercial opportunities in Green Deal and energy efficiency for Kingfisher Future Homes.
This role has one direct report within Commercial Support . Working with Business Development team and across KFH (Kingfisher Future Homes) and external partners.
Responsible for contract negotiations up to Â£5m. Involved in securing contracts totalling c.Â£10m-Â£20m+
This role is based at B&Q House in Southampton, however the role holder is expected to travel throughout the UK to include Screwfix Head Office in Yeovil.
* To work closely with Business Development Managers to develop, agree contracts and implement commercial opportunities in Green Deal and wider energy efficiency for Kingfisher Future Homes business.
* Work to agreed short and medium term delivery criteria or New Business team.
* Continue to revenue and profitability targets for Kingfisher Future Homes.
* Deliver simple and effective commercial business solutions and work closely with the Operations Team on delivery.
* Create and execute a minimum of four commercial propositions in 2012. Ensure these propositions are market leading.
* Work closely with the Commercial Finance Manager (New Business) to develop and agree financial aspects and business cases for new propositions.
* Feed in and support New Business project management lead.
* Support development and team working across New Business function
Knowledge, Skills, Experience required
* Excellent B2B facing skills.
* Detailed experience in development of commercial concepts through to delivery.
* Broad understanding of Green Deal, through direct experience in sector is not essential.
* Cross team worker, with a collaborative approach and good relationship building skills
* Ability to understand and assess new markets and opportunities.
* Develop commercial opportunities from initial brief into detailed delivery plans.
* Experience in influencing and communicating at Head of / Director level.
* The role involves commercial contract negotiations with external bodies, therefore excellent negotiation skills required.
* Analytical and project management skills are essential.
Communication and working relationships
* Work confidently across a range of internal and external stakeholders, to deliver against our business objectives and brand expectations and promises.
* Clear communication of thinking and progress to New Business lead and KFH leadership team.
* Build a strong internal network, working across the Kingfisher and B&Q businesses to agree and implement commercial opportunities.