The position for Communications Specialist in London is no longer available
Our client, a Global Information provider are currently recruiting for an experienced communications specialist based in London.
You will report to a senior communications specialist who supports Global Sales & Account Management. While you will have a primary client portfolio, you'll be part of a fluid team and could find yourself assigned to priority projects in other parts of the business when something really big comes up.
So, you'll need to be both a strategic thinker and a hands-on, sleeves-rolled-up executor. You will need to be as flexible as elastic, fast on your feet, have an entrepreneurial spirit and a strong service ethic. You'll also need a flair for creative writing and flawless communications planning skills. And you'll have to get along well with everyone, everywhere. Most of all, you must be passionate about the practice and the value of internal communications and the customers we serve: all our colleagues in the Financial & Risk business unit.
* Provide sound advice and effective communications planning to GS&AM clients.
* Provide context, clarity, consistency and appropriate tone to messages, and create linkages to the company's strategic priorities.
* Manage and keep multiple stakeholders at all levels of the company informed, and highlight and manage communications interdependencies, issues and risks.
* Identify relevant communications and engagement opportunities and events, and evaluate their effectiveness
* Create opportunities for staff to interact with leadership, organize those events and gather and act on meaningful employee feedback, factoring that into future efforts.
* Support management in building their communications skills, techniques and credibility.
* Apply standards that promote continuity and consistency across the organization's communications practices.
* Organize logistics and support content development for executive-led global webcasts, town halls, videos and small-group discussions.
* Work closely with Public Relations, Branding, Marketing and Legal to make sure our internal and external messages are aligned, that the impact on all audiences is considered and that we safeguard the company's reputation.
* Provide local/regional support for employee events and activities in your geography driven by the global Internal Communications team.
* Publish materials to internal websites, and manage broadcast e-mail distributions.
* A talented and energetic individual with 3 to 5+ years' internal communications experience.
* Proven track record of delivering impactful internal communications, including message development, communications planning and tailoring/targeting communications for different audiences.
* A Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, or related field and/or equivalent work experience in Internal Communications.
* Excellent research, interpretive, writing, editing, proofreading, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* A zeal for accuracy and attention to detail.
* Works and writes well and accurately under pressure.
* Delivers to deadlines - all the time.
* Excellent project management skills and ability to deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
* Experience developing strategic programs and managing events.
* Knowledge of new/emerging technologies and how to use them.
* A strong sense of cultural awareness and an ability to work with people across the globe.
* Ability to work within a matrix organization to get things done.
* Proficiency with software applications including MS Outlook, MS Office; familiarity with html, web editing, web design and basic video editing skills an advantage.
Communication: Ability to influence by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and information.
Influence and persuasion: Able to present sound and well reasoned arguments to convince others, and persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
Managing relationships and teamwork: Build trust and credibility as a communications partner, and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people at all levels in the organization, often in virtual teams spread across multiple time zones.
Assertiveness: Sets out arguments in a clear and calm way; not a 'yes' person who is unwilling to challenge.
Resilience: Stays calm under pressure; keeps emotions in check when dealing with setbacks.
Flexibility: Adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups; understands and appreciates different and opposing perspectives on an issue. Has a flexible approach to time i.e. does what it takes to get the job done to a high standard.
Role: Communications Specialist
Rate: £45 - £50k per annum
Suitable candidates should submit their CV's at the first instance