The position for Events Sales Manager in London is no longer available
Events Sales Manager
As Event Sales Manager with Hilton Hotels and Resorts manages the on-property Events Team to actively convert repeat & social enquiries into confirmed sales.What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.If you understand the importance of upholding a brandï¾’s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because itï¾’s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.What will I be doing?
The Event Sales Manager will actively develop successful customer partnerships, contributing to the profitability of the Hotel, and securing future and repeat business whilst ensuring a clear and effective line of communication is maintained with Conference & Banqueting Operations and the Cluster Group, Conference & Events Sales Team Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Manage the On Property Event Team and to work within the Group, Conference & Events and Hotel teams to deliver Hiltonâ€™s Promise of ensuring every guest is cared for, valued and respected .
* Actively convert Social Events, Wedding enquiries and repeat enquiries into confirmed sales to develop future and repeat business contributing to the profitability of the hotel.
* Handle with all correspondence and reservations for contracted Group, Conference & Event bookings, whilst following established business strategies for the hotel and department.
* Maintain strict quality standards for bookings taken and entered in the system.
* Ensure the Event Sales Team Members are developed effectively and generate a culture of high quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques, and billing and processing contracts
* Manage and develop the on-site Event Sales Team to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within the hotel and company
* Organise hotel promotional activities
What are we looking for?
An Event Sales Manager serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
* Demonstrated previous managerial or supervisory experience in a Reservations and/or Conference & Events Sales function in the hotel/leisure sector
* Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high levels of performance and exceed targets
* Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
* Excellent selling capability and an ability and desire to coach selling techniques to their team
* Excellent organisational and planning skills
* Accountable and resilient
* Ability to work under pressure
* Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
* Knowledge of the hotel property management systems
* Previous experience in the same or similar role
What benefits will I receive?Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.Learn more now about Hilton Hotels & Resorts --- the global leader of hospitality.
* More than 500 locations and nearly 200,000 rooms across six continents
* Innovations include: pioneering the airport hotel concept, becoming the first coast-to-coast hotel chain in the US, and the first to install televisions in Guestrooms
* Flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide with properties in more than 77 countries
* More than 70 world-class resorts and more nearly 200 full-service spas
* Harris Poll EquiTrendï¾®, Brand of the Year - Full Service Hotel for 2010 and 2011
* Number one global brand awareness in the hospitality industry