The position for Maintenance Assistant in London is no longer available
A Maintenance Assistant with Hilton Hotels & Resorts is responsible for carrying out appropriate maintenance work promptly and to the highest standards to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience.What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected. If you understand the importance of upholding a brandâ€™s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because itâ€™s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.What will I be doing?
As a Maintenance Assistant, you are responsible for carrying out appropriate maintenance work promptly and to the highest standards to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Maintenance Assistant would also be required to follow all company statutory and legal regulatory requirements during repairs. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Implement company statutory and legal requirements including fire, health and safety, hygiene, electricity at work, and all local by-laws
* Respond to all enquiries promptly
* Carry out maintenance repair work and ensure the appropriate PPE is worn during all repairs
* Maintain the green areas and car parks when applicable
* Follow planned preventative maintenance programmes
* Ensure good relationships with internal and external customers and contractors
* Ensure energy conservation initiatives are implemented
* Follow C.O.S.H.H regulations, in particular the storage of hazardous substances
* Attend additional training suitable to the role
What are we looking for?
A Maintenance Assistant serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
* Positive attitude
* Good communication skills
* Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
* Excellent grooming standards
* Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
* Ability to work on their own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
* Previous maintenance experience including electrical, plumbing or painting and decorating
* Relevant qualifications for the role
What benefits will I receive?Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.Learn more now about Hilton Hotels & Resorts --- the global leader of hospitality. More than 500 locations and nearly 200,000 rooms across six continents Innovations include: pioneering the airport hotel concept, becoming the first coast-to-coast hotel chain in the US, and the first to install televisions in Guest rooms Flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide with properties in more than 77 countries More than 70 world-class resorts and more nearly 200 full-service spas Harris Poll EquiTrendÂ®, Brand of the Year - Full Service Hotel for 2010 and 2011 Number one global brand awareness in the hospitality industry.