The position for National Account Executive in Wakefield is no longer available
National Account Executive
National Account Executive
Greeting Cards, Stationery, Party and Gifts
Competitive salary £18-25k plus bonus (OTE £30-35k) + Company car & mobile phone
Field Based/Office Based – West Yorkshire
With a head office based in West Yorkshire, the business supplies over 12,000 retail convenience sites across the UK and abroad. The successful candidate will be responsible for a number of existing National Accounts and driving new business across the whole of the UK & N Ireland.
Are you passionate about sales and business development?
This is a rare opportunity to join a progressive sales led business and support it through its next phase of growth. An innovative approach and an outstanding reputation for customer service make it a real partner of choice with its demanding client base in the retail convenience sector. The aim now is to double the size of the business over the next three years.
Reporting to and working closely with an entrepreneurial executive team, you will assume immediate responsibility for a number of National Accounts. Particular focus will be on the management and development of these accounts; expanding relationships with existing customers; conversion of significant pipeline opportunities; the roll-out of new product lines and the identification of new market opportunities.
You will need to demonstrate success in delivering significant new business growth and dealing with sophisticated buyers in FMCG environments. Experience of selling into and/or managing national accounts within the high street multiple or independent retail sector will be a distinct advantage.
Commercially sound, ambitious and driven, whilst you are confident in your current abilities, you will be keen to further develop your management skills and grow your experience. Pragmatic, resilient, and results orientated, your people and communication skills will be first rate.
If you are passionate about business development, delivering excellent customer service and relationship building, then this could be the challenge you are looking for.
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Full involvement in the development of the sales strategy, its approval by the board and its subsequent execution in the context of the overall business and corporate strategies.
• Sales planning and target/objective setting; delivery of company and individual performance targets.
• Identify new clients, markets and service offerings, ensuring a co-ordinated approach to business development and key account management.
• Recognise major business development initiatives, exploiting new opportunities with existing clients as well as developing clients new to the business.
• Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with key customers, clearly understanding their needs and ensure these are consistently met if not exceeded.
Possibly a graduate, though of greater significance is clear evidence of success within retail facing, sales and distribution businesses.
Candidates will demonstrate a high degree of leadership, creativity and entrepreneurial flair, with the ability to focus on the delivery of results in a fast moving environment. This will require someone who demonstrates versatility and energy, with a constant focus on fresh ideas which will bring business benefit. The appointed individual will have a passion for service, quality and a strong focus on business and customer needs.
Background, Experience and personal characteristics
• Proven success in a Sales Management or National Accounts role with organisations supplying into the retail market.
• Extensive involvement in developing and delivering sales strategies.
• A demonstrable track record of leading businesses to enhanced performance, delivering a high quality of service to customers.
• Able to demonstrate an acute customer awareness and a strong belief in service quality
• Able to demonstrate decision-making skills and at the same time the ability to focus on the delivery of results in a rapidly changing environment.
• Track record of sales management within relatively complex environments together with the ability to initiate and implement change to fundamentally improve performance.
• Commercial and business acumen together with strong networking skills.
• A quality driven professional, employing the highest levels of honesty, probity & integrity.
• Highly motivated, energetic and tenacious.
• Able to initiate, manage and adapt to change.
• A high level of intellect and flexible problem solving ability; able to juggle conflicting demands and respond positively to significant change.
• Able to demonstrate acute customer awareness and a strong belief in service quality, both internally and externally.
• An effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop, maintain and exploit strong internal and excellent external relationships at all levels .
• Top quality negotiation and presentation skills.
• Able to challenge, question, persuade and influence at the highest levels.
• Confident, concise and articulate with genuine charisma and enthusiasm.
• Able to handle complex issues with diplomacy and sensitivity.