Quick Search Jobs
Manufacturing jobs in Kirkby-In-Furness
Due to increased business levels, we are looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Technician for a full-time permanent role based in one of Barrow's large manufacturing firms.
Mechanical Technicians are expected to work effectively as part of the maintenance team in the installation and repair of equipment and utilities to ensure continuous uninterrupted production.
*Analyses, troubleshoots and resolves process and mechanical-related work problems
*Reviews and undertakes planned, predictive and reactive maintenance activities
*Completes repair and installation work at the request of the Technical Improvement...
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Duration: 12 months+
Leading Nuclear Decommissioning Consultancy with offices throughout the UK. They are a major supplier to the nuclear industry working on a variety of projects for different sites.
Our client requires experienced Senior Mechanical Ddesign Engineers with extensive experience in design for manufacture.
Provide cost/timescale information and progress reporting.
Provide design solutions for the nuclear industry and coordinate the production of:
Design Proposal Drawings
Heather Deagle at CK Science is recruiting for 3 Operational Quality Officers to join a pharmaceutical company in Ulverston on a rolling contract basis initially until July 2015.
Duties will include:
- Supporting and carrying out the batch release process for the materials manufactured, raw materials, excipients and packaging components
- Based on technical, regulatory and business requirements, providing advice on GMP and product quality in support of the supply and use of starting materials, intermediates and APIs
- Collating, reviewing and approving the documentation required for batch disposition and performing usage decision...
Maintenance Shift Technician
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a world leader in the manufacture of candles and home fragrance products. Our client is currently seeking a Maintenance Shift Technician to work within their busy manufacturing facility in Barrow-in-Furness.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor you will undertake efficient & effective planned, predictive and reactive maintenance using safe systems of work on plant and equipment; optimising the efficiency and continually improving its performance. Working as part of a flexible and dynamic team delivering the organisations...
My engineering client are looking for a Project Engineer to assist their Project Management team on a 12 month contract Basis. This role is paying £15.06 per hour on an Umbrella/LTD basis.
Priority Tasks & Activities:
*Operate within and in accordance with the Company policies and procedures.
*Support the Programme manager as required satisfying the Company & Customer requirements to cost, schedule & quality.
*Deliver the Sales, Margin & Cash commitments to IBP including all IRAD projects
*Deliver any of the repeat Order Intake and contract amendments to IBP within the Weapon Upgrade team.
*Deliver any updates & reporting of project and...
Electrical Shift Technician
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Shift Technician to join a world leader in the manufacture of candles and home fragrance products.
As an Electrical Shift Technician you will be responsible for installing and repairing equipment and utilities to ensure continuous production of platinum quality candles and accessories.
Analyse, troubleshoot and resolve process and electrical / mechanical related work problems
Review and undertake planned, predictive and reactive maintenance activities
Complete repair and installation work at the request of the Technical...
We are currently recruiting a process engineer for our busy manufacturing facility based in Barrow in Furness.
The purpose of the position is to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the material flow process in the hand towel operation so that new orders can be integrated and operational targets are met and improved upon.
• Identify and introduce new ideas and techniques around material flow processes, based on best practices and standards of excellence.
• Trouble-shoot materials and process problems within the operation to ensure minimum downtime and minimum waste whilst ensuring that Customer requirements are exceeded...
Electrical C & I Engineer
£50 per hour
Our client is a large multinational defence, security and aerospace company based around the UK and Worldwide.
Our client is looking for an experienced Electrical C & I Engineer to come and work on a contract basis based in Barrow.
- Producing system designs and documentation , including design descriptions, schematic diagrams and safety justifications
- Equipment specification and selection and collating equipment attributes to support build model and bill of material compilation.
- Supporting system design reviews and model reviews.
- Collating equipment qualification...
Principal / Senior Mechanical Engineer
Contract OR Permanent
Our client is a world leading engineering and project management consultancy organisation. As the demand for their expertise continues to grow, an opportunity has arisen for a contract or permanent Principal / Senior Mechanical Engineer to be based at the client's offices in Westlakes.
This role would suit Mechanical Design engineers (General Mechanical and Mechanical Handling and Cranes), who have experience of full life cycle design from optioneering / concept / front end to detail design. Also Mechanical Engineers who can produce and...
Our client, based in Cumbria and working within the defence industry, is looking to recruit a Steering Gear Installation Manager on a 4 month contract. This will be part time (24 hour working week) and paying up to £50 per hour Limited rate depending on experience.
1. Specify the installation MAP for the steering gear in Successor
2. Prepare the installation schedule for the steering gear
3. Support the design effort so that the specification reflects the build method
4. Advice tooling and machining designers on requirements to support the MAP and schedule
1. Detail knowledge of the installation process...
Due to an increase in production we are currently recruiting an electrical engineer to join our busy engineering team.
Reporting to Senior Engineer the Electrical Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the production assets have engineering and process capability to achieve operational targets, and to provide specialised engineering support to both day and shift teams.
The Electrical Engineer will also assist with planned maintenance and support Technicians in all aspects of their work. Any major engineering issues on an asset will be your responsibility ensuring that the assets are capable of running within specified...
Our client an Engineering company, design manufacture, service equipment to the Oil/Gas, Petrochemical, Refinery, Nuclear industries.
Looking for x3 Pipefitters based in Cumbria for 1 month duration.
Pipefitters should have a valid CCNSG certs also usual Pipefitter quals...
Internal Sales Representative - South Wales - Aerospace
Are you an Internal Sales Representative who wants to work in the aerospace sector for an established and rapidly expanding aerospace OEM with offices in the UK and USA? Based in South Wales, our client is looking for an Internal Sales Executive to join their highly successful sales team.
This exciting new role of Internal Sales Executive will be responsible for:
- identifying and quoting new sales opportunities for our clients innovative cabin solutions through strategic analysis of their CRM system and internal databases
- following up quotations
- improving the frequency and...
The development engineer will provide technical support to product development projects on a number of varied tasks. This role covers conceptual and detail design, analysis, qualification and production support including the generation of associated documentation for all product ranges.
Responsibilities of the development engineer;
- To ensure all technical tasks are performed in compliance with the departmental processes for technical scope control, quality and health & safety.
- To produce detail designs to comply with the company, project and/or customer specification as required, and produce calculations and documentation to support...
My client based in Cumbria are seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to provide design expertise for a wide range of LED based lighting products used within military and rugged applications.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will take technical lead on specific projects as identified by the Engineering manager. Additionally will assist the Engineering Manager in coaching other Mechanical Engineers to develop Design skills and work to the departmental processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The mechanical design of LED based lighting systems for military, Aerospace and rugged applications, examples of which;Aircraft LED External...
Our Global Pharmaceutical client are looking for a Interim L & D consultant to join their busy team in Cumbria.
The Learning & Development Advisor role is a six month secondment to drive the development & deployment of the site T&D framework, systems and processes.
Describe the key deliverables to be achieved by the post holder and the ongoing responsibilities of the role
1. Identify T&D best practice across Global Manufacturing and Supply Primary and build into the site T&D framework and systems.
2. Ensure processes needed for the effective management of site T&D are developed and deployed.