Quick Search Jobs
Manufacturing jobs in Kirkby-In-Furness
Posted by: Expion search & selection
Job title: Production Planner - Scheduler
Basic: £25,000 - £30,000
Benefits: Pension, Healthcare
• Our client is an established food business with an enviable reputation for quality and service.
• Key food manufacturing site, part of a large market leading and continually expanding group, committed to continuous improvement and operational excellence
• Large site with excellent prospects for career progression and further development.
• You will be responsible for developing and maintaining the Production Schedule within a large, fast paced food manufacturing...
Title: Production Manager (interim or perm)
Salary: £43,000 - £46,000 / Day Rate.
Location: North West
My client a UK leading multi sited food manufacturer are currently looking to recruit for a production manager to take sole responsibility of the production department in their chilled manufacturing site in the North West either on an interim or permanent basis.
The successful candidate for the Senior Production Manager at this Global Manufacturing site in the North West will be:
Educated ideally to degree level with an engineering background.
Good understanding of HACCP.
A fast paced processing Manufacturing environment such as FMCG...
Support production in product related issues and drive the improvements to enhance quality and reduce cost with the use of RCA and Lean principles.
Support the Development departments on new and existing product development by designing and implementing tooling/fixtures for the qualification process
Support the Development departments through knowledge of DFM/DFA and the understanding of manufacturing/production processes.
The Mechanical Engineer will be involved in conceptual and detail design, analysis, qualification, production and Manufacturing.
The Mechanical Engineer will check and approve critical documentation...
Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Established components manufacturer have a number of opportunities for skilled and experienced Mechanical Design Engineers.
You will take on the responsibility of mechanical design of a wide range of LED based lighting products used within military and rugged applications e.g Aircraft LED External Lighting Systems, Marine LED lighting systems etc
Responsibilities will include:
* You will carry out detailed mechanical design work including 3D modelling, simulation and design verification testing as required.
* Responsible for mechanical part selection taking into consideration...
Due to rapid company growth, and the awarding of various new contracts, we are looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer on behalf of our Client, who operate globally in bespoke electrical and mechanical engineering SUMMARY Working as part of the Design and Development Team, you will be responsible for the mechanical design of a wide range of LED based lighting products used within aerospace and rugged applications and also providing technical support to other company departments. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE *The mechanical design of LED based lighting systems for military, Aerospace and rugged applications,...
Working for a global company based in Barrow the Mechanical Engineer / Fitter will be part of a growing workforce dedicated to the design and manufacture of rotating machinery used in the oil & gas industry. Plans to extend the manufacturing site are in progress to support the high demand of the product. You will be part of a large mechanical assembly team which driven by performance.
As the Mechanical Fitter your duties will include:
•Interpret mechanical engineering drawings
•Mechanical assembly of medium sized components including hydraulics, actuators, transmission, seals and electrical controls
•Hydraulic pressure testing.
Electrical Engineer: Lake District, Barrow in Furness:
Globally recognisable company with excellent career opportunities
Salary up to £47000 dependant on level of expertise
I am currently recruiting for an excellent job opportunity with a Blue Chip FMCG Manufacturer, this Fortune 500 company employ circa. 60,000 people in over 30 countries and are currently looking for a talented Electrical Engineer to join their team at their biggest European site in Barrow-in-Furness. Joining this company will give you an exceptional opportunity to progress your career to the next level with a company that truly values its employees and is committed to...
Our client is a national market leader in the fields of defence and nuclear engineering and enjoys the backing of a large international group. As a design and manufacturing specialist, the client has the capability to take an idea, develop the design, build and manufacture the product.
The role of the Major Systems Supportability Lead is to draw together and analyse the supportability engineering outputs of other Major Systems Technical Authorities such as propulsion, combat systems, weapons systems, and communications. The successful candidate will lead the Supportability Engineering Team and ensure that technical...
Supply Chain Manager ? Circa 45k Excellent Benefits Package ? Cumbria
The Company: A world class manufacturing business, operating within the defence industry.
The Role: Reporting into the Senior Supply Chain Manager, you?ll be responsible for managing a procurement focused, cross functional team, whilst supporting business and operational strategies and driving team performance to achieve set KPI?s.
Some responsibilities will include:
Manage and drive the procurement team to effectively manage suppliers by measuring performance through cost and delivery OTIF.
Ability to demonstrate subject matter expertise in assigned categories...
An exciting opportunity has arisen for 2 Mechanical Fitters based in Barrow in Furness, Cumbria to join an international engineering company who manufacture for the oil & gas sector.
As a Mechanical Fitter your duties will include:
• Working in the workshop, under the direction of the workshop team leader.
• Stripping down and basic mechanical assembly of machine tools.
• Working from engineering drawings and mechanical build sheets.
An ideal Mechanical Fitter will hold the following skills and experiences:
• Must be a mechanical biased engineer or technician.
• Able to strip down and rebuild mechanical components using hand tools...
Cleaning on board the various vessels in build. Cleaning on facilities.
Fit, healthy, able to climb ladders and work in cramped difficult to reach spaces.
Previous experience of working in a similar manufacturing environment would be advantageous. Ability to work flexibly, days, nights, and also backshift.
A good understanding of Health, Safety and the environment is a pre-requisite as well as any other relevant regulations and guidelines.
Deliver services and support activities to Company standards.
Check the completed activity to ensure...
A Machinist is required to work in the manufacturing industry and will be responsible for running both CNC VMC and CNC lathe in a safe and effective manner.
Work safely at all times, complying with Health and Safety and other relevant regulations and guidelines.
To machine items requested by Production/Planner using machines best suited to the task in accordance with the skills of the relevant machinist.
Interpret standards and isometric drawings to enable accurate replication to comply with drawing tolerances/parameters and quality requirements.
Using a CNC Vertical Milling Centre (VMC)
Using manual mills...
Position - Pipe Fabricator
Manufacture and install pipe work systems and associated equipment.
Must be willing to work as part of a team and prepared to work shifts, evenings and weekends if required to do so by the business.
*Work safely at all times, complying with Health and Safety and other relevant regulations and guidelines.
*Follow relevant instructions, drawings and any other Quality Standards and Specifications.
*Use appropriate methods and techniques to fabricate, assemble, install pipe and maintain work systems and associated components.
*Check the completed activity...
An Electrical Maintenance Engineer is required to join a well-known manufacturing & production company in Barrow-in-Furness, with the aim of assisting with the installation and repair of equipment and utilities to ensure continuous production.
As the Electrical Engineer, you will tasked with
*Analysing and troubleshooting electrical and mechanical related problems.
*Review and undertake planned, predictive and reactive maintenance on machinery and equipment.
*Complete repairs and installation work as well as liaise with the head engineer regarding new equipment requirements.
*Maintain personal time management, shift handover, DMAIC...
Lecturer in Craft Engineering (Teacher, Tutor, Electrical, Mechanical) BLUL12460
Up to £34,994 per annum
Permanent - Full Time or Part Time
Our client is very proud to be the largest provider of education and training in South Cumbria. They provide training from the age of 14 right through to degree level across an extensive range of vocational areas. Their superb facilities, experienced tutors and professional network of support enable them to provide their student community with the highest standard of service.
An excellent opportunity has now arisen for a Lecturer in Craft Engineering to join them.
Our client, a global property and construction practice are seeking a quantity surveyor to act as Cost Manager in support of their Senior QS/Associate/Partner to ensure excellent service delivery to meet client objectives. This is a contract opportunity to join a well-established organisation.
Our client are a multi-discipline group and offer a range of services within the Property and Construction industry predominantly focusing on Cost, Project Management and Building Surveying.
As a multi-disciplinary group, our client offers the full range of services demanded by their clients in the industry, ranging from strategy advice to building...
Title: Site Technical Manager (Interim or Perm)
Location: North West
Salary / Day Rate: Negotiable
My client, a leading UK food manufacturer are currently looking to recruit for a top class Technical Manager due to an internal promotion.
* Are you degree qualified Technical Manager or senior Quality Manager that is looking to take over complete site technical responsibility, ideally with meat exposure?
* Are you a hands on technical professional who enjoys leading from the front and ensuring people are working to the required standards?
* Do you have specific demonstrable experience of allergen controls and HACCP and...
- Global engineering organisation
- Market leader in the manufacture of engineering products
- Looking for a Internal Sales Manager to look after the Instrumentation division
- Office based role in Workington with occasionally international travel
- Managing a team of internal sales engineers who you will have responsibility over
- Selling Flow Solutions, instrumentation into Oil & Gas and Instrumentation OEMS
The Ideal Person:
- Man Management experience for an Engineering company
- Experience selling into the Process Sector would be highly advantageous but not essential
- An engineering qualification...
REF NO: 22734
JOB TITLE: Planner
LOCATION: West Cumbria
DURATION: Long term contract
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:-
We currently have a requirement to for a planner to work for a leading Engineering Consultancy at our clients offices in West Cumbria. You will have the opportunity to be involved in some of the most exciting nuclear projects available.
Role will involve:
Build and maintain Project schedules
Progress and schedule project programmes using Primavera P6.
Producing Periodic performance reports for Programme Management
We are looking for someone who has experience of using...
Responsibilities of the development engineer;
- To ensure all technical tasks are performed in compliance with the departmental processes for technical scope control, quality and health & safety.
- To produce detail designs to comply with the company, project and/or customer specification as required, and produce calculations and documentation to support the design solutions.
- To check critical documentation including drawings, design documentation and calculations generated by members of the department.
- To define requirements and approve documentation for qualification testing, production assembly, production FAT Testing and site...
Responsible for the mechanical design of a wide range of electrical/electronic products used within military and rugged applications and also providing technical support to other company departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Carries out detailed mechanical design work including 3D modelling, simulation (eg thermal & stress) and design verification testing, as required. Agreeing the mechanical design approach with the Engineering Manager and Senior Mechanical Design Engineers
* Responsible for the specification compliance of designs
* Responsible for mechanical part selection taking into consideration obsolescence, availability...