Personnel jobs in Gravesend
Refine Job Search
Children with Disabilities - Social Worker - Newham
An experienced social is required to join our client's children with disabilities in Newham. You will act as a member of the team who provides effective assessments, provides protection and a care planning service to children in need and their families via assessments. You will be liaise with the children in need team, children looked after and family placement centres.
As a Children with Disabilities Social Worker you will have experience of:
- Liaising with other professionals
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Holding complex cases
- Core Assessments
- Working with children...
Our client is a heavy engineering / process plant producing energy from waste. Reporting to the General Manager, the Plant Engineer Supervisor / Manager will manage the day to day plant operations in accordance with licence obligations and Health & Safety procedures, including KPI Targets, business objectives and overall management of site personnel. This is a hands-on engineering / Supervisory operations role.
Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
Significant engineering experience with associated qualifications e.g. NVQ in mechanical engineering
Process / Factory plant experience and management...
We currently have an opening for a Receptionist based in Gravesend. This position will cover Reception but also incorporate various administration duties for a successful and expanding company.
- Meeting and greeting visitors and staff
- Operating a switchboard
- Creating purchase orders
- Ordering stationary and stock as required
- Distributing post
- Maintain spreadsheet for Operatives holiday requests
- Assisting with the collation of payroll
- Maintaining and updating personnel files
- Booking training courses and maintaining a training matrix
- Maintain harness and lanyard records
- Ensuring all operative have the relevant clearance...
Solution Sales/Sales Engineer - Industrial Control Gear
Salary: Up to £35K Basic, £40K OTE - commission paid on all sales, Car, Pension, etc.
Alternative Titles - Sales Engineer, Area Sales, Field Sales, Regional Sales Engineer, Electrical sales, Industrial Electrical Sales, Control Gear Sales, Switchgear Sales, Automation Sales, Industrial Electrical Distributor, Industrial Automation, Industrial Control, Industrial Process Sales.
Our client is the leading suppliers of industrial control and automation products in the UK. They have secured a nationwide network of sales locations employing over 200 personnel...
New Homes Sales Opportunity!
Are you an experienced New Homes Sales Negotiator? Looking for a new challenge? Then call Richard Ward at Upfront & Personnel for a discreet and confidential discussion on 02380 270002.
Our Client is an upmarket New Homes Developer who are seeking to expand their sales force. They have a vacancy for an EXPERIENCED New Homes Sales Negotiator for a site in Greenhithe, Kent. This role is for an immediate start .
5 days per week to include all weekends. 5 days on a rota and will include all weekends. 9.30am till 5.15pm.
Basic £24185+ OTE £43k+. Benefits will include Private Healthcare, Life Insurance...
HGV Engineer / HGV Technician / HGV Mechanic
We are currently looking to recruit a number of experienced HGV Engineers to work at Main Dealer Franchises, Supermarket VMU's, Waste Management Companies and Fleet Rental Organisations across the East London and Essex area.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the on-going repair and maintenance to a fleet of modern vehicles ranging from Light Commercials to 44 Tonne Artics.
Duties to include:
• Prep & Presentation for VOSA testing
• Preventative Maintenance
• Fault Diagnostics
• PDI Inspections
• Engine, Gearbox, Transmission, Drive Train & Clutch work
• Brake rectification...
Meter Reader required across the DA postcode area to carry out the reading of gas and electric meters in residential and commercial properties. You will be working in your postcode area, however you may have to travel up to an hour away from your home address. You will be required to complete the reads in a professional and timely manner and enter the reads in to a handheld computer terminal. This is a full time position working 42.5 hours per week, on a rota of Monday - Friday and Tuesday - Saturday fortnightly shifts.
Although no experience is necessary as full training is provided, this role would suit a...
Class 1 Driver with HIAB Experience
£24440 - £27000
We are looking for a Class 1 Driver who can operate a lorry mounted crane to work for a busy industrial hire company based in the Grays area of Essex.
1. Operate company vehicles in a safe and effective manner and in accordance with Drivers Handbook.
2. Collecting and delivering company products with the use of a lorry mounted crane
4. Complete all associated paperwork and return to Transport Office.
5. Enhances company reputation by dealing with customers and members of the public in a courteous manner.
6. Adhere to company policies and...
Position – Registered Nurse Pre-Admission clinic, RGN
Ref - HBPREADDKE
Location - Kent
Hours per week - 37.5
Role type - Permanent, Full Time
To provide and maintain a consistently high standard of nursing care acting as a role model for other members of staff.
To be aware of and abide by NMC Directives, hospital and local policies and procedures.
To assist in developing and monitoring clinic practice
Create, maintain and enhance effective working relationships
Maintain confidentiality at all times
Assist in maintaining a learning and supportive environment
Assist in promoting good...
HQ7753 HGV1 / C+E driver roles
Location: Dartford and Paddock Wood near Tonbridge
Salary: c£29,000 for day drivers + Company pension scheme
c£34,500 for night drivers + Company pension scheme
HGV1 / C+E day and night drivers are required for a family owned Logistics Company with over 50 years of experience in the fresh produce distribution sector. Working from Dartford and Paddock Wood Distribution Centres the suitable candidate will have access to top spec, modern, refrigerated articulated vehicles and have 24 hours a day back office support. The successful candidate will be part of a small, friendly and supportive driver team. CPC...
Motor Insurance Development Underwriter
Reporting to Senior Development Underwriter
Job Purpose: To assist with the management of a portfolio of Brokers to ensure we optimise sales and profit potential of our suite of Insurance products.
• Ensuring Brokers adhere to laid down service standards.
• Process transactions outside of Brokers authority.
• Invite renewals at terms which best serve The Company’s interests.
• Assess risks which have been misrepresented or contain a material non-disclosure and deal decisively within your authority.
• Undertake and report on detailed audits of Brokers.
• Meet, visit and work...
- A UK leading supplier of Industrial Refrigeration solutions
- Highly regarded in the building services industry for the solutions they supply
- A well established organisation with high staff retention
- Fantastic career development opportunities within the business
- A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Refrigeration Field Service Engineer based from the offices in Kent.
- The Refrigeration Field Service Engineer will cover the maintenance and servicing of the businesses refrigeration solutions for the businesses customers which vary from Industrial refrigeration plants to Blue Chip companies.
- A UK leading supplier of Industrial Refrigeration solutions
- Highly regarded in the Building Services industry for the solutions they supply
- A well established organisation with a great reputation
- Fantastic career development opportunities within the business
- A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Service Manager based from the offices in Kent.
- The Service Manager will use IFS to monitor financial performance.
- As Service Manager you will deal with maximising chargeable hours/minimise lost time, materials/ order control, preparing robust quotations, enhancing existing customer relationships, supporting...
Our client is one of the UK's leading industrial distributors who require a driven Area Sales Manager to manage a wide product portfolio selling directly to End Users.
- A leading engineering distributor
- Excellent training and support - both on products and sales
- Fantastic brand names
- Known across the industry for over 100 years
As an Area Sales Manager you will be selling the following:
- Industrial Consumables - Abrasives, Cutting Tools, Hand Tools, Janitorial/PPE, Lubricants, Greases, Adhesives, Measuring Tools, Test Equipment, Power Tools, Spanners and Sockets, Welding, Workholding/Vices
- Dealing with ALL...
- One of Europe`s leading manufacturers of office furniture
- Great Products
- Ethos is very much to look after their clients and their staff
- Extensive induction
- Team Culture and like to have fun
- Family orientated and supportive of all staff
- Turnover is in excess of £100million
- As the London Account Manager / Business Development Manager committed to growth, your objective is to win new business as well as manage the relationships with existing customers and ensure repeat business.
- The London Account Manager / Business Development Manager will be selling to corporate end users, A&D and dealers.
Our client are a multi-national top 5 Main Contractor with the largest order book in the UK. They are currently involved in every aspect of the infrastructure market, and have a strong gold over each sector, covering large parts of Highways projects surrounding London, Airport redevelopment and regenerations, Crossrail and Power distribution throughout the capital. Due to the large amount of work they are currently winning and working on, the requirement for extra resources becomes more important. With that in mind, they currently require a Planner to work on a large rail electrification project out of their office in Dartford,...
- Medium sized contractor established since 1965
- Offer long term career progression
- Many repeat customers
- Experts in provision of Building Services
- Working alongside Operations Manager
- Project Manage jobs
- Team meetings
- Commercial responsibility for job in budget
- Client facing role
- Commercial, residential & retail projects value to £4m
The Ideal Person:
- Must have HNC or HND in Building Services
- Must have CSCS card
- Must have SMSTS card
- Must be able to grow with company
- Live commutable to Kent
- Must have good work history
- Good attitude
- Quick Thinker
- Energetic and hungry
- Ability to...
Gas Meter Installer required across the DA Postcode. You must have previous experience as a Gas Meter Installer or First Call Operative, installing gas metering systems to Domestic properties. This is initially a temporary contract with an opportunity to become a permanent employee with the company after 6 months. You will be covering an area around where you live but should be prepared to travel.
As a Gas Meter Installer, you are required to have full metering ACS Certificates, including CCN1 and MET1. You should have previous practical experience working on a gas metering contract, and no more than 3 points on...
Our client is one of the country's leading importers and distributors of fresh fruit. They have an enviable track record of growth which is based on building successful long term strategic partnerships with their key customers.
Main Purpose Of Job
To use technical knowledge, expertise and judgment to ensure consistent delivery of innovative quality products, whilst ensuring that sales and profit targets are still met by the business
To ensure the safety, legality and quality of products, through working closely with Business Unit Team, Suppliers, Growers and Packhouses and by proactively driving control systems to the agreed...
BS7676: Site Project Engineers
Location: Swanley, Kent
Salary: circa £30-40k, plus Car, Pension, Private healthcare
Site Project Engineers are now required by a leading player in the industry of high-technology cables and systems for energy and telecommunications.
Reporting to the Area Manager for the region, the Site Project Engineers will be responsible for supervising a range of installation activities on installation projects and maintenance services, either in the London area or Southern England and throughout the UK. Candidates must live within commuting distance of the company's local office in Swanley,...
Stafforce Personnel are recruiting for a well known Company based in Belvedere and Erith Kent.
We are looking for Production Line Workers and Packers to work within the Food Industry. Food and Hygiene certificate in not essential but would be an advantage.
Production Line Work, Packing, Loading, Pallet Work, Cleaning
The shifts are either 6am till 2pm and 2pm till 10pm Monday to Friday. You would be expected to work both shifts and can normally work between 2-4 shifts per week.
If you think this position would suit you please apply as soon as possible with an up to date CV
The Stafforce Recruitment team prides...
My Client is an independent recruitment agency who are a well respect recruitment organisation within Industrial / Warehousing recruitment and offices located across the UK. They currently have an opportunity for an Industrial Recruitment Branch Manager for their branch in the Chatham area.
Since their formation they have established a superior client base and have also grown a large database of Candidates who possess the relevant skill sets that allow them to provide a superior solution sales approach to how they approach new business whether it be permanent, temporary or contract basis within:
- Industrial and semi-skilled
This well established company is seeking a Screen Printer. This is a temporary position, leading to a permanent role for the successful candidate. Apart from screen printing and setting the presses, the role will also entail working within a small team on a fast paced production line.
This is a manual position, standing for long periods of time. You will be mixing paints and inks to achieve colour matches for spraying. Other duties include packing, lifting, machine operation and housekeeping as and when required.
You will ideally be from a mechanical engineering/maintenance/manufacturing background.
**Applications are welcome from...
Our client, a leading Energy provider, is currently looking for experienced HR Business Partners to work on a major change programme. This role will be based in Bexleyheath with some travel required.This is an initial 6 month contract and is an immediate requirement.
Scope of work
This role will be working to support the creation of a new business within the company and will involve the transition of the existing Legacy workforce (c: 800 personnel), plus significant recruitment for peak (2016/17). We are looking for a HR Business Partner who has experience working on major change programmes including mass transitions. This role...
The Assistant Laboratory Manager will assist the laboratory manager with all day-to-day laboratory operations. You will supervise and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in performing various tasks required, in tissue culture lab, propagation and care of plants.
Assist in scheduling personnel to optimize productivity and work flow
Ensure all lab staff have adequate resources to perform all aspects of work
Ensure laboratory practices meet or exceed company policy and industry standards
May be required to perform the duties of the Lab Technicians
Maintain time, calibration and testing records of lab equipment