Purchasing jobs in East Midlands
Refine Job Search
Our client, a highly successful Entertainment Company based in Newark are seeking a Purchasing and Shipping clerk to join their team on a full time permanent basis.
The key responsibilities for the role are as follows:
• Process purchase orders and send to suppliers.
• Liaise with domestic and overseas suppliers regarding stock availability, shipping etc. following the sending of purchase orders.
• Obtain quotes from freight forwarders for incoming orders.
• Select and instruct freight forwarder for each purchase order, providing pick up details, availability etc; chase for details of collection and shipping time scale.
(Qualified / Partly Qualified)
6 Month Contract
Alfreton, Derbyshire Commutable from Derby, Mansfield and Sutton-in-Ashfield
Our client was established in 1893. The group's core activity is that of manufacturing and supplying commercial explosives and tailor-made services to the mining, cement, aggregates and civil engineering industries.
Due to the Finance Office currently going through a transition stage, they currently have an exciting opportunity available for an Interim Accountant to provide hands-on support and to improve current practices in…
£50000 - £57500/annum
Babcock supports the Fire & Rescue Service in delivering National Resilience Capabilities for Government; managing and maintaining the National Resilience fleet comprising more than 650 vehicles/modules and 175,000 stock items of equipment. As Contract Manager you’ll be responsible for the overall commercial, contractual and operational performance of this high-profile fleet and equipment repair, maintenance and availability contract. By thoroughly understanding every detail of this contract, you’ll ultimately drive productivity and efficiency to deliver customer and contractual requirements in line with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).…
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Purchasing Assistant to join our team in Sutton-in-Ashfield on a full time basis.
As a purchasing assistant you will assist the purchasing manager.
Duties will involve (but are not limited to);
• Assist senior purchases or buyers in making decisions about what purchases to make
• Placing orders online or over the phone with existing suppliers
• Contact branches or departments with questions about supply requests
• Check on whereabouts of goods if there is a delay in shipping
• Maintain a database of supplier details, ensuring it is up to date for auditing…
£60000 - £61000/annum
A Regional Contractor operating in the Midlands & South Yorkshire construction market is currently seeking to recruit a Contracts Manager; the company has a focus on design & build contracts within education, commercial, residential and regeneration sectors up to £10m.
As a Contracts Manager you will be responsible for managing a number of contracts across various…
The Sales Representative role is responsible for delivering Kellogg's commercial plan that has been agreed nationally across the major multiples and symbol accounts. In addition it is responsible for building and maintaining strong business relationships across multi-channel accounts, to deliver incremental opportunities to the national and regional agreed plan.
Your focus will be to support Kellogg in becoming the supplier of choice through developing and leveraging customer business relationships.
You will have the exciting opportunity to ensure any local support and investment drives maximum…
I am currently recruiting for a Purchasing Assistant to join my Clients team based in Hucknall.
You will be responsible for placing and progressing repeat purchase orders of packaging and raw materials in order to deliver as per the production plan.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers in time to ensure delivery to meet the production plan
- Record purchase order acknowledgements and highlight changes
- Follow up on non- responding suppliers
- Update reports
- Liaise with the production planner on a daily basis
- Provide support to the Purchasing Manager
Hours for this role are Monday- Friday 9am-5pm. There is on site…
A world renowned organisation that specialise in the manufacture of critical and high precision parts for the aero-engine industry are currently looking for a Purchasing Engineer on a long term contract. Our client offers an excellent opportunity to work within a highly skilled and regulated environment.
Besides their manufacturing capabilities, they bring years of design and research knowhow to the table, as well as offering development cells for rotating engine components. With various sites across the UK and across the globe, this organisation operates in various high integrity…
Our client based in Coalville, supplies mobility and healthcare equipment. A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Purchasing Administrator to join a busy purchasing department.
Working as part of the purchasing team who are responsible for all aspects of buying and maintaining stock levels across all regional depots across the UK.
• Monitor existing stock levels and raise purchase orders to meet stock availability targets and agreed stock holding levels
• Negotiate with vendors to establish and maintain cost effective purchases
• Resolve day to day issues relating to stock availability and product quality / specification
£16,000 - £20,000
Would you like an excellent opportunity to join a vibrant company who can offer training, growth and progression?
My client is a privately owned Contractor that provides turnkey Mechanical and Electrical services to its prestigious portfolio of clients. Due to expansion and a healthy order book for 2015, this company seeks an ambitious Purchasing Assistant to progress their career within a fast moving, energised environment.
They are looking for a Purchasing Assistant to join their organisation and manage the procurement of all mechanical materials, products, consumables…
Newark, Full Time, Permanent
We are seeking a Purchasing Administrator with excellent communication, organisational and administrative skills to join a busy team on a full time and permanent basis.
You will be responsible for the following:
- The processing of internal purchase requisitions.
- Chasing suppliers for up to date ETA`s
- Checking supplier confirmation documents
- Direct ship orders
- Checking and verifying prices on supplier portals
- Purchase order processing
- General administration duties
Candidates need to be passionate about delivering a world class service…
Our client is recruiting for a Purchase Assistant.
• Preparing and supporting the production of management accounts including journals, reconciliation’s and variance analysis.
• Assisting the Management Accountant with the provision of financial reporting.
• Calculating and posting a range of month end journals, including accruals and prepayments, ensuring management accounts accurately reflect business performance.
• Maintaining up-to-date analysis of various areas of expenditure, by researching detail of invoices received and comparing to budget calculations.
• Daily reporting
• Preparing accurate balance sheet reconciliation…
My client is looking for a purchaseing assistant to work alongside the buyer within the business. The role is working Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm. The company is based in Lincoln and the role will initially be temporary with an opportunity to go permanent after a period of time.
You will be able to demonstrate a working history in a purchasing role and have excellent administration skills. This role involves liaising with both internal and external customers so strong customer service skills are essential.
To apply or find out further information for this pposition please contact Nikki on 01472 758720
Stafforce is acting…
My client, a global manufacturing company is looking to recruit a Purchasing Manager.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of a purchasing role within a manufacturing or engineering environment at a senior level, excellent negotiation skills and a passion for delivering continuous improvement.
You will be responsible for:
Delivering measurable savings through negotiations with new and existing suppliers
Reviewing and analysing all standard product material spend. Identifying and realising material savings on standard products
Controlling processes and sign-off for all external purchases in line…
The job responsibilities, and the position to whom the job holder reports, may vary from time to time. As a consequence the job responsibilities will include but may not be limited to any or all of the following items as required by your Supervisor
Main Purpose of Job:
Processing purchase documentation in accordance with the Procedures
Identifying mismatches and initialising the purchase query process
Checking that authorised invoices are correctly signed by an authorised signatory
Logging site documentation
Checking of data input and identification of any errors or mispostings
Identification of problems…
CALLING ALL PURCHASE LEDGER CLERKS & ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALISTS!!!!
We've got numerous clients in need of Permanent & Temporary Purchase Ledger clerks of varying levels.
Do you have experience of matching, batching & coding?
Have experience of invoice processing, nominal coding & query resolution?
Used to dealing with suppliers & issuing payments?
Knowledge of GRN's would be advantageous but is not essential
Looking for a new role in the Leicestershire area? We need you!!
If you are looking for a new challenge and have any of the experience required please apply with your CV ideally including salary expectations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Purchasing Assistant to join our client.
*Review daily plans and identify changes in requirements
*Placing purchase orders with suppliers to ensure delivery
*Liaising with the production planner ensuring issues are identified
*Experience of using MRP
*Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel in particular
*Experience within a planning/purchasing role
This is a full time, permanent position. If you are interested please apply with your CV.
Inside Out Purchasing has been engaged by a Nottinghamshire company to recruit a Purchasing Assistant on an Initial 6 months fixed term contract which could become permanent for the right candidate,
* Processing of purchase requisitions.
* Placing and expediting of purchase orders.
* To contribute to the department objectives of reducing cost and on time supply.
* Responsible for the administration of the Purchase Requisition Database.
* Updating requestors with information and delivery dates.
* Actioning requirements from the business for transport, travel, and accommodation.
* Arranging for supplier quotations…
Purchasing Administrator Immediate start
Inspire Resourcing are thrilled to be recruiting for a Purchasing Administrator to work for a well established company.
In this role you will represent the company in a professional manner while carrying out the following duties:
• Processing purchase requisitions, ensuring all details are correct ie price, delivery and lead time
• Expediting of purchase orders
• Maintain supplier accreditation database, ensuring that it is up to date for audit purpose
• Maintain purchase project files
To be successful in this role the following is essential:
• Must be computer literate…
Purchasing Manager (Metals)
£40,000 - £45,000 + 33 Days Holiday + Pension
Are you a Procurement/Purchasing manager from a manufacturing background looking for a senior role with in a multi-million pound turnover automotive company?
On offer is a senior role where you will be responsible for defining the supplier portfolio and negotiate purchase order allocation.
This business have a multitude of functions including but not limited to Stampings, Fabrications, Plastic Mouldings, Turned Parts, Moulded Foams, Cut & Sew, Electrical and Wiring and Packaging materials.
You can expect to have opportunities to progress…
Elevation Accountancy & Finance are currently recruiting a resourceful and technically astute Purchase Ledger Clerk for a successful technology based company with expertise and experience spanning over 100 years across international markets.
This role will be based within a small and efficient team meaning that although the role will be primarily focused on all aspects of the day to day running of the Purchase Ledger, you will be required to assist in other duties from time to time.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, duties & responsibilities will include:
*Processing a high volume of Purchase Ledger invoices
*Reconciling to supplier…
Purchase Ledger Clerk
£7- £10 per hour
Our client is a well-known designer, manufacturer and supplier of cases and containers to a wide variety of sectors. Due to having an expanding business, an opportunity has arisen to join our client as a Purchase Ledger Clerk working within their busy accounts and finance team.
The successful Purchase Ledger Clerk will be responsible for the purchase ledger administration for the company, managing invoices, resolving supplier inquiries, assisting sales ledger when required and more. Experience using Sage200 is desirable as the Purchase Ledger Clerk will be using this system on a daily basis…
Stock & Purchasing Administrator
Temp - Perm
Duties will include
Answer incoming telephone calls
Meet and greet visitors to the office
Taking and processing sales to trade callers
To process stock orders through preferred suppliers
Goods inwards processing
To monitor supplier pricing and to establish and maintain cost effective purchases
Expedite outstanding purchase orders
Resolve invoice queries
Resolve day-to-day issues relating to stock availability and product quality/specification
To be responsible for stationery (stock take and order as required)
To monitor stock levels and raise purchase orders to meet stock…
My prestigious client in Nottinghamshire is looking for an experienced Purchasing Assistant / Expediter to join their expanding business and become an integral part of the team.
The expediter will be responsible for raw material and MRO buying and expediting for their own portfolio of suppliers. The position will also be responsible for managing a range of vendor managed / consignment stock agreements. Further, the right person needs to be able to suggest administrative process improvements
Working with their own portfolio of suppliers to develop supplier relationships and identify opportunities for cost…
Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain are currently recruiting for an experienced Purchasing and Materials Manager to lead the sourcing activities for a range of compact engineered products. We are working on behalf of a large international manufacturing and distribution company supplying into global technical manufacturers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for sourcing of new finished products, identifying reduction opportunities, and on-going supplier management to enable improvements in supply terms and performance. You will be responsible for negotiating all supplier contracts for the site and supporting and contributing…
Inside Out Purchasing has been engaged by a Northamptonshire based Food manufacturing company to recruit an experienced Purchasing Manager. You will be accountable for the smooth operational running of the purchasing function across all aspects of the business on a daily basis. You will work closely with the operational, commercial and NPD departments.
* Implement innovative cost saving programmes and demonstrate bottom line margin improvements.
* Constructively challenge existing purchasing practices, systems, procedures and processes.
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with suppliers.
* Drive, lead and actively…
Cooper Lomaz are recruiting a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join a recognised and respected retail brand, at their head office in Peterborough. Along with gaining a broad experience in this varied role, other benefits such as 30% staff discount, holiday, a pension and child care vouchers will be extended to the successful candidate.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Invoice work (coding, checking, posting etc).
- Reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Internal and external purchase enquiries.
- Ownership of non stock purchase proposal and agreed payment file.
- Assistance with ad-hoc projects to the financial controller…
• Ensure all purchase invoices are coded and authorised
• Process purchase invoices on to Ledger
• Analyse cash expenses and RBS One Card expenses
• Allocate payments to supplier accounts
• Reconcile supplier statements to purchase ledger
• Filing and administration of the above
• Post month end and general ad hoc journals as needed
• Cash book reconciliations
• Responsible for balancing and maintaining of petty cash
• Organise foreign payments and reconciliation of foreign bank accounts
• Month end reconciliations
• Previous Purchase Ledger experience and general accounts duties
• Strong numerical…
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk to join a growing and fast paced business within the Barton-upon-Humber area. Joining this busy Purchase Ledger team your duties will include:
High volume purchase ledger including matching, batching and coding all invoices on the system
Dealing with queries relating to the ledger and all transactions
Processing through to BAC's payment stage
Dealing with account queries and chasing authorisations
GRNI and Supplier statement reconciliations
Any other ad-hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate will have previous experience within a similar role, have an adaptable…
£50000 - £57500/annum
£60000 - £61000/annum