The position for Sales Ledger/Credit Control Assistant in Woking is no longer available
Sales Ledger/Credit Control Assistant
A fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful and growing company working in the Accounts Receivable department procedures.
You will have a strong eye for detail and must be flexible in your approach. You must have strong experience within banking/allocations, invoicing/credits and credit control.
About The Role
* To minimise bad debt and maximise cash flow by liaising with debtors of all the Group companies and taking appropriate action to pursue debts in the event of any non-payment.
* To bank, input and allocate daily cash receipts.
* To investigate any un-presented receipts.
* To ensure that invoices are raised, liaising with all levels of management within the venues.
* To deal with all sales ledger invoice queries and respond appropriately.
* To alert all relevant staff of poor credit risks to prevent further credit being given.
* To set up and monitor sales ledger accounts, referring accounts to manager where necessary.† To assist in the implementation and monitoring of new systems of collecting debts (e.g. direct debits).
* To reconcile sales ledger control accounts with aged debtors reports for all companies within the Group, and to reconcile output VAT accounts.
* To assist accountants with monthly reports and bank reconciliations.
* To liaise with outside parties, in particular auditors, whenever necessary.
* To ensure filing is up to date on a weekly basis.
* To assist accountants / assistant accountants with any queries or reports.
* To attend any training courses as specified.† To adhere to all Health & Safety procedures to minimise the risk of injury and accidents.
* Any other duties as directed.
About Our Client
This client of Howett Thorpe are looking for an experienced candidate with a strong level of experience within sales ledger and credit control.
Things you should know
Parking is not available
This is a temporary assignment for an unspecified period of time
The business are based within walking distance of Woking town centre
Addlestone, Aldershot, Ascot, Bagshot, Bracknell, Camberley, Chertsey, Cobham, Dorking, Egham, Farnborough, Farnham, Guildford, Lightwater, Staines, Weybridge, Windsor, Woking
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and †comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)