The position for Accounting Officer in Chelmsford is no longer available
Salary - £12,144 - £16,440
Full Time - 37 hours per week
6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Part of the Finance Business Support Team, you will report to an Assistant Accountant and will work closely with colleagues to ensure the delivery of a high performing, customer facing finance service which proactively embraces change.
As an Accounting Officer you will provide high quality information and analysis to finance colleagues to underpin effective decision making, meaningful performance management and meet statutory requirements. You will achieve high customer satisfaction levels and make a real and demonstrable difference to the delivery of the Council's business.
The Accounting Officer will support the delivery of financial management information to Finance Professional Services and front line budget holders. The role is expected build strong relationships with finance colleagues and internal partners.
Specifically, the purpose of the role is to:
Assist in the management of financial resources, to ensure probity, efficiency, high performance and overall value for money.
Understand customer needs and provide them with a service they value.
Support the delivery of finance productivity and efficiency improvement and cost reduction plans so that the transformation strategy can be achieved.
Provide officers with high quality financial information.
Support the delivery of projects as requested. Any successful applicant to this post would be appointed on a fixed term contract. If you require further clarification please contact the Working for Essex Team on 0844 800 6685.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
You will also be offered an excellent salary and benefits including:
* A Local Government final salary pension scheme
* Interest-free bus and rail season ticket loans from £100 - £5,000, as well as pool bikes and a car sharing scheme
* Special leave, dependents leave and time off for public duties, depending on circumstances
* Access to a staff counselling service
* Access to key worker housing
* Childcare Voucher Scheme
* Death in service allowance to the value of 3 x your salary
* Extensive Induction programmes
* Excellent training and development opportunities
* Work options that include Job Share and Career Break schemes
* Assistance with professional qualifications
* At least 22 days' annual leave, rising to 29 days, depending on grade and length of service
* A sports and social club at County Hall, Chelmsford * Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales/services, restaurants, shops and days out
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.