The position for Legal Cashier in Cardiff is no longer available
Our client is looking for an experienced Legal Cashier to join their efficient finance department.
The ideal candidate will maintain accurate and clear records, supervise, assist, and train the accounts assistants, and maintain an effective filing system.
The main duties of the position will include:
1) Record, bank and process cheques received
2) Issue authorised disbursement/client cheques
3) Archive files for closure
4) Record and pay authorised disbursements
5) Record and raise invoices from proformas issued by fee earners
1) Accounting or Business Studies qualification or relevant experience
2) Conversant and compliance with the Solicitors Accounts rules, Money Laundering Regulations, and VAT regulations
3) Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
4) IT Literate
5) Practice good audit controls
6) Experience in using clients' income and expenditure ledger
Hours of work 37.5 hours per week