The position for Contracts Manager / Commercial Manager - Aerospace, Defence in Dorset, South West is no longer available
Contracts Manager / Commercial Manager - Aerospace, Defence
Contracts Manager ? Aerospace/Defence
This is a key role within a busy Commercial Department. Primary responsibilities will involve management of a number complex contracts and extensive bidding activities for follow on and new opportunities in partnership with the Business Development, Programmes and Technical functions. This is an interesting and varied role dealing with new bids in emerging markets and economies,
Role will require a strong commercial discipline with a proven ability to work innovatively while complying with Corporate Commercial Policy. The ability to develop customer relationships while protecting the Company position and finding opportunity to maximise margins is essential.
This position would suit an experienced Commercial Professional with relevant experience in the Defence / Aerospace complex contractual environment.
Key Responsibilities: Contracts Manager
* To maintain prime commercial contact with customers.
* To support or lead bid preparation activities and ensure proposals are submitted on time.
* Organize and lead internal governance reviews with supporting data necessary to submit customer proposals for Bid Approval Committee review.
* Preparation of all commercial aspects of complex proposals.
* Negotiation of contracts and agreements including complex terms and conditions of sales contracts, NDAs and TAAs.
* Maintain positive relations with customers by personal, phone and written communication relative to contract problems, status of orders, specific problems and general marketing trends applicable to account assignments.
* Manages any contract changes to maximize opportunity for the company.
* Provide commercial support to other functions within the organisation.
* Maximise margins and ensure Company is protected in terms of legalities and liabilities
* Ensure that customer orders reflect the company?s commitments to the customer as reflected in the proposal and any subsequent negotiations.
* Work with the Supply Chain function to ensure an appropriate flow down of customer requirements.
* Maintain and challenge Company processes and procedures to support best practice.
Core Competencies: Contracts Manager
* Strong Communication Skills (internal and external).
* International commercial awareness..
* Experience in multinational workshare based contract arrangements.
* Excellent organisational skills.
* Experience of managing and advising on commercial and business risk.
* Combines experience, intuition and strategic thinking to make considered judgments. about the overall impact on the business and people, including potential threats.
* Creates an environment in which issues are recognised, accepted and resolved.
* General awareness and some knowledge of aerospace and defence products would be an advantage but is not essential.
Skills and experience will ideally include: Contracts Manager
Business based / legal degree , law degree or equivalent experience.
Experience in a Defence Contracting environment or other similar regulated environment.
Broad knowledge of Contract Law..
Knowledge of UK MoD Contracts and associated terms and/or US DoD Contracts.
What we expect from you: Contracts Manager
The ability to work both within a team, making best use of internal resources as well as the ability to self-start and work autonomously. Great communication skills to interact with other functions (i.e. programmes, engineering, material sourcing) and ability to present ideas and solutions to Senior Management in a clear and succinct manner. Initiative, Drive & Enthusiasm to meet agreed milestones and customer expectations is essential.
Keywords Legal, Law, Contracts Manager, Senior Contracts Officer, MOD, US DoD Contracts, Defence, Bids, Aerospace.
Salary: £40K-£50K plus benefits and relocation assistance
Location: Wimborne, Dorset, South West.