The position for Quality Engineer (Operations) in Lancashire is no longer available
Quality Engineer (Operations)
OPERATIONAL QUALITY ENGINEER
£28,000 - £35,000
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced, degree qualified Quality Engineer to join a rapidly expanding Engineering company based in Lancashire. My client supplies engineered components to major manufacturers on a global basis and has enjoyed excellent growth over the last 12 - 18 months.
Due to increased orders, they are currently seeking to recruit a Quality Engineer to join one of their dedicated manufacturing units. You will be responsible for ensuring the quality of finished products / components being sent to key customers, providing advice & assistance to all areas of the business in order to contribute towards the satisfaction of both internal and external customers.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, your duties will include:
- Development of Strict Quality Practices within business unit.
- Ensuring Required Customer Approvals are met.
- Acting as a service and provider of quality techniques to whichever department requires it.
- Assisting the other Quality Engineers in instilling operational quality across the company and ensuring best practice.
- Disposition of NCR's, FAIR approvals, OFI Identification, Customer Issues, Training of Inspection Personnel, Improvement activities (inspection and process related),
- Paperwork- Concessions, FPA's DAR's etc. CAR's (supplier issues & improvement activities)
- Compile and submit FAIR's for customer approval (using Visual FAIR)
- Compilation / monitoring of FMEA , R & R, and PPAP Documentation
- Interface with customers on quality issues.
- Interface with Supplier Quality on supplier quality issues.
- Interface with team leaders on all aspects of quality.
- Contributing to the reduction of scrap, rework and non-value added costs.
- Data capture and analysis, bringing about improvements based upon factual data.
- Leading 8D exercises involving team members.
- Disposition of complaint product via PIR, NOPQE etc.
- Balancing the needs of the Customer against the Needs of the Business
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum degree level qualification (or equivalent) within a relevant Engineering discipline
- Experience of working within a fast-paced manufacturing / engineering environment
- Thorough knowledge of modern CNC / Machine Shop processes
- Previous experience of performing operational quality principles within a similar environment
- An organised, methodical and diligent approach to working
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business, approachable but assertive
To apply for this vacancy, please submit your CV via email. If you would like to discuss your suitability further, please do not hesitate to contact Iain on 0161 874 1642.
If you are shortlisted for this vacancy, you will be contacted within 24 - 48 hours to discuss your application further. If you have not heard anything within 5 days of your application then you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your CV on file and contact you regarding future vacancies.
This vacancy is being advertised by Kinetic Search & Selection whose services are those of an Employment Agency.