The position for Technical Safety Engineer in Basingstoke is no longer available
Technical Safety Engineer
Our client requires a high calibre Technical Safety Engineer - staff position based in Basingstoke.
Suitable candidates will report to the Manager of QHSE.
Education: - A minimum of degree level in a pertinent engineering discipline
Experience: - Have proven experience in the oil & gas and construction industries with the ability to run projects.
The duties will include but will not be limited to: - .
• To be able to work as part of task force team or independently.
• Be able to manage the flow of technical safety work
• Be competent in the use of proprietary design programmes on Quantified risk analysis and consequence analysis modelling.
• Experience in construction site investigations and analysis of cause and effects.
• Experience in specification and design of fixed firewater/foam protections systems, production of relevant design documentation (P&IDs, specifications, datasheets etc) and procurement of equipment.
• Experience in design of Fire and gas detection systems (development of detection philosophy, preparation of detector layouts and cause and effect logic)
• Attendance at HAZOP, HAZID, SIL review and other safety design reviews including the management of resulting actions.
• Development of Project safety plans and philosophies (activities, schedule etc)
• Organisation and performance of safety audits follow up and close out.
• Area classification studies (development of schedule and layouts)
• Knowledge of relevant industry codes (API, NFPA, IEC, ISO etc)