The position for Production Engineer in Newcastle upon Tyne is no longer available
My client based in Newcastle upon Tyne is an established and growing organisation that design and develop high quality hydraulic equipment for a number of high profile organisations.
Due to this growth and expansion they are looking for a Production Engineer to join there organisation.
Reporting to the Lead Production Engineer, you will be primarily maintaining comprehensive knowledge of production activity, to ensure that CNC programmes/fixtures and tooling are available, and that production runs smoothly and efficiently without being compromised. Your responsibilities will include:
* Ensuring manufacturing layouts are available to suit current orders including new designs or updates.
* Reviewing processes to ensure the most efficient method is used.
* Investigating and recommending new methods and processes to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
* Producing CNC programmes using CAM software.
* Ensuring tooling and fixturing is designed using CAD software, to meet the production requirements.
* Liaising with other Department to initiate changes in normal practices.
* Aiding design in the development of parts to maximise machine shop performance.
You will have experience within an engineering environment, working with a variety of metals and CNC machines. You will have knowledge of CAD and CAM software, with experience of a variety of programming methods. Experience of working with an in house business system is desirable, but not essential.
You will be a positive, innovative and motivated individual, with an organised and systematic method of working. In addition, you will possess strong numerical, MS office, and communication skills, both written and verbal.