The position for Head Of Commercial in Conwy is no longer available
Head Of Commercial
Head of Commercial
Our client part of a Global Group, are looking to recruit a new Head of Commercial Business. This is an exciting opportunity to join a Company that is part of the world’s largest integrated geotechnical, survey and geosciences group of companies.
Location: North Wales based but mobile
across all UK and Worldwide as required
Graduate level qualification required.
Probably a second degree in Business, or similar qualification. A supporting commercial or sales qualification would be beneficial.
Responsible to: General Manager
Senior Business Development Managers
Role – to coordinate and lead the commercial department
To shape and influence the commercial offering across multiple departments –
Physical Asset Management, National Initiatives, Data Conditioning and Consultancy.
Each department has a different yet related technical scope that requires both individual strategies and the ability to link objectives and set strategic direction.
• Self-starting and enthusiastic individual, articulate and able to communicate the capability of the organisation.
• Personable and able to interact with a wide variety of cultures and organisational levels and technical capabilities.
• Ability to lead and manage a group of commercial staff to achieving greater growth. Commercial input to technical staff to ensure commercial take up of products and services.
• Able to deal with ambiguity and formulate solutions for customers to help them achieve their corporate DM goals.
• Experienced in operations and management to be able to contribute at a senior level within the organisation. The ability to travel and operate in overseas territories throughout EAME and the world is a pre-requisite. The ability to strategically manage sales process and results is more important than specialist knowledge, however the ability to absorb this knowledge quickly will be essential.
The role holder should effectively deliver these requirements
To proactively lead the Commercial Department in expanding the
Business. Maintain and build on existing customer relationships, with the expansion of repeat core business, minimising customer turnover
• To optimise commercial offering through the utilisation of internal
• To strategically manage the sales process and maximise revenue.
• Recognition of potential customer requirements, scoping out potential
sales opportunities and building relationships.
• To manage and administrate the CRM package
• Accountable for creating, attaining and reporting against aggressive
commercial targets, while ensuring long term business growth
• To convey a strategic focus of the macro and micro environment,
analysing and reporting upon the effect on the department and
organisation’s products and services
• To raise the profile of the company worldwide, articulating the capability of the business.
• Continually review product and service offering and strive to expand
into complimentary areas that harness the department’s core competencies.
• Identify and promote the organisation’s sources of competitive
• The preparation of proposals, tenders and all related commercial
documents relating to securing business for the department’s products
• The development of pricing schedules that meet company financial
To effectively manage commercial budgets and plans, order inputs and
the sales pipeline.
Liaison with financial unit to ensure reporting against budget,
forecasts and other measures as required analyse financial information with a view to improving performance relative to organisational and departmental objectives.
Provide timely and accurate forecasts to the financial staff for the
development of budgets, forecasts, backlog and other financial
Ability to cost business, ensuring that pricing meets company financial
• Develop Managers commercially, to support the stimulation of business demand through various functions
• Provide advice to managers on people development and recruitment,
from a commercial perspective
• Recruit staff to meet company long term operational and strategic
• Manages personnel requirements in department(s) relative to budgets,
organisational goals and capacity matching strategies
• Mentors, develops and supports team to deliver operational excellence
within the department
• Promotes development, learning and career progression through the
Develop staff to meet succession planning requirements and provide the foundation to meet longer term strategic plans.
Manages legal and regulatory compliance within the department in
consultation with the HR department
Manages, measures and reports against personnel objectives, targets
Ensure effective and regular communication channels are in place and
that formal communications (monthly meetings, toolbox talks, etc.) take
place to schedule.
Promote the company’s policies and ethical standards.
Manage staff in a professional manner.
Provide a working environment that promotes superior performance.
Manage the performance of individuals in line with performance targets
set for the department and for the individual through the performance appraisal process.
Specific Additional Responsibilities
Comply with and actively promote the Company’s quality, and health
and safety policies, procedures and standards.
Suggest and support the R & D functions to develop new products and services that underpin the company’s and department’s future growth.
Principal Working Relationships
Reports to Managing Director
Works with other department heads to ensure consistency of approach,
awareness of organisational developments and an efficient and effective
Approach to the organisation’s business
Works with the financial department to ensure accuracy and reliability of
financial measures and documents.
Works with members of the department to achieve goals and objectives
relative to the organisational strategy and KPI’s
Complies and promotes with all aspects of QHSE with the support of the QHSE manager.
Works with the site Services Department to ensure that facilities meet
health and safety requirements and provide an appropriate working
Interact and liaise with other company and group employees and entities
For further information: Please contact us for full job details.
In order to take up a position with the organisation, candidates will require to be able to demonstrate a right to work in the United Kingdom. The company will consider all applications irrespective of nationality and will assess eligibility to meet UK right to work requirements on a case by case basis and at the most appropriate moment.