The position for Maintenance Team Leader (Heavy Plant) in Dunbar is no longer available
Maintenance Team Leader (Heavy Plant)
Demob Job Reference: j2507
Job Title: Maintenance Team Leader (Heavy Plant) x 2
Location: Hope, Derbyshire or Dunbar, East Lothian
Salary: Up to £44,855
Start Date: Immediate
My client is one of the UK's leading support services companies, They deliver many key services including, design, build, manage, operate and maintaining assets, Dealing with companies both in the UK and overseas, Supplying customers in a wide variety of industry sectors including, Defence, Marine, Naval, MoD, Nuclear, Communications, Energy and Transportation. They now have an immediate requirement for a Maintenance Team Leaders (Heavy Plant) x 2 based at either Hope, Derbyshire or Dunbar, East Lothian.
Please note that for this role you must be flexible as it will involve nationwide travel on a regular basis.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or Army and has a background within a similar role.
- You will be responsible for carrying out scheduled and unscheduled repairs to Heavy Mobile Equipment (HME), and ancillary assets, on site and at the site workshop as required to maintain the project equipment availability targets.
- Supervise a team of engineers ensuring in the process that jobs are allocated, carried out and closed out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Liaise with the managed service centre (MSC) to ensure that all relevant information is captured on the inhouse database.
- Ensure that backlog repairs are captured and reported to the MSC such that they are planned as appropriate and carried out at next most suitable maintenance intervention.
- Ensure that daily operator checks are carried out by the equipment operators, and that any significant findings are reported through to the MSC.
- Ensure that oils and fluids samples are expedited in a safe and efficient manner such that their interpretation can drive a condition monitoring methodology as required of the project.
- Ensure that all specialist tools and lifting equipment are calibrated and/or certified fit for purpose as required by industry best practice and legislation.
- Ensure that industry best practice is adhered to in respect to contamination control.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Significant experience with heavy plant and equipment engineering in the quarrying, mining and aggregates, or allied, industry. Ideally, as a time served plant engineer in both the workshop and field.
- You must also hold a recognized construction plant and equipment qualification.
- Construction plant vehicle experience.
- Experience of overseeing maintenance and repair activities in the workshop and in the field.
- Experience and an understanding of condition monitoring principles as they affect the owning and operating costs of equipment.
- Demonstrable background of working within quality accreditation standards.
- Knowledge of heavy mobile plant and auxiliary equipment rules and legislation.
- Good knowledge of equipment operating costs, and the important part that effective condition monitoring plays in reducing same.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective customer and supplier relationships.
- Detailed knowledge of health and safety legislation in a mobile equipment environment and its application.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to act as a credible advocate for the Company.
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to problems and maximise opportunities.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team to achieve desired results.
- Results driven and strives to exceed expectations.
- Please note that you must be flexible as this role will involve nationwide travel.
- Up to £44,855 annual salary.
- Monday - Friday 37 hours per week.
- 25 days plus 8 stats.
- Company pension scheme.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.
Successful applicants will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements.