The position for Project Manager (Controls & Electrical) in East / West Midlands is no longer available
Project Manager (Controls & Electrical)
Role Title: Project Manager (Controls)
My client is a global player within the plant and process layout field, with operations and customers across the globe.
Following a record year and with future orders and projects being at an all-time high, they are now looking to strengthen their team with the addition of a Project Manager responsible for electrical project management within major projects within their established customer-base.
Working closely with electrical and mechanical project teams, it will be your task to complete prestigious projects on time, to a high standard and within agreed budgets.
Customer focus is key to ensuring that each project is kept on track, as is the ability to allocate sufficient resources and implementing relevant procedures and process to provide a smooth transition from project plans to finished project.
Projects cover all aspects of mechanical and electrical installations and process plant layout and require a good level of control and communication between the various teams and the end-customer. Because of this your planning and communication skills must be top-notch, as must your ability to deal at all levels ranging from the shop-floor to the boardroom.
There may be some overseas travel within this role, so you must have no travel restrictions or issues in obtaining visas. In the event that you need to travel overseas an uplift in salary will be paid as will an allowance for staying away.
This is a business critical role and requires you to have the following skills, experience and attributes:
• Firstly be an experienced Project Manager with knowledge of the electrical and controls aspect of plant and process layout & installation on high value / large scale projects
• Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline or with suitable qualifications within an electrical / electronic arena and substantial experience within this field
• Carry the required business acumen to run budgets, provide costings and generally be commercially aware for invoicing and cost control
• Be as comfortable working in the office as you are on site
• Be able to build a project team to suit each project and ensure that each critical discipline has the right person in place
• Have excellent document control abilities and be responsible for implementing any required systems
• Be an exceptional communicator (both written and verbal) at all levels
• A confident decision maker based on the available information and a good problem solver
• IT literate (Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project etc.)
• Ability to prioritise workloads and be calm under pressure
• Motivated, organised, with an ability to show initiative and resilience to achieve deadlines
Other attributes that would be useful include:
• Knowledge of automotive or similar high value manufacturing areas
• Be proficient with Project Management software
• An understanding of PLC hardware
• Ability to utilise MS Project and SAP systems
In return for the above skills and experience my client is offering an excellent salary and benefits package that includes:
• Good base salary based on experience
• Excellent bonus system
• Company vehicle or allowance
• Good pension
• Good holiday allocation, including flexi-time allowance
If your background, skills and experience match those shown above then forward your CV, along with a covering letter as to why you feel you are qualified for the role, and I will contact those that meet the needs most fully within 3 days of receipt.