The position for Technical Sales and Business Development Manager in Denbighshire is no longer available
Technical Sales and Business Development Manager
Demob Job Reference: J2536
Job Title: Sales and Technical Business Development Manager
Location: St Asaph, Denbighshire
Salary: £33,000 - £48,000 plus Benefits
Our client, one of the leading companies within their sector, now have a requirement for a Sales and Technical Business Development Manager who will take every opportunity to identify, develop, win and maintain business with new and existing customers and organisations.
This vacancy presents itself as an exciting opportunity for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army), with a background involving avionic systems, however applications from all suitable candidates, ex military or not, will be considered.
Due to the nature of this role you will be required to undergo a high level of security clearance, therefore you must be willing to undertake this or already hold security clearance.
- Reporting to the Business Group Manager, you will work in partnership with customers to represent their needs and aspirations.
- Represent our client through telephone/face to face contact with existing/new customers and acquire, retain and win profit generating business.
- Obtain, develop and sustain key customer relationships and opportunities.
-Carry out market research for product and strategy decisions.
- Perform activities to identify and position the company, its future products and capability into a potentially winning position.
- Obtain, assess and develop business relationships and opportunities.
- Lead the preparation and submission of bids, quotes and/or proposals.
- Maintain an up to date accurate and complete database (AX RF) of opportunities.
- Comply with import/export, health and safety laws and procedures.
- The successful candidate must be educated to a minimum of HNC / HND in an Engineering or Science field in order to support technical matters.
- Proven background within a similar environment including the aerospace or defence sectors.
- Previous working background of success within a business winning role.
- Drive and ambition to establish the client's market presence.
- Exceptional presentation, influencing and relationship building skills.
- Ability to influence business performance.
- IT Literate: Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve the company's demanding objectives.
- Highly motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Prior working knowledge of military and/or commercial avionic systems, optronic systems and associated technologies.
- Bid management and programme management experience.
- Engineering or manufacturing process exposure.
- Salary up to £48,000 Depending on Experience.
- 37 hour working week Monday - Friday.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Free parking on site.
- Subsidised Canteen.