The position for Technical Solutions Ops Manager in Slough is no longer available
Technical Solutions Ops Manager
A Fortune 100 company, Johnson Controls is a highly successful, global company that blends financial stability with an entrepreneurial spirit. Recognised as the world’s leading provider of Real Estate, Facilities Management Solutions and Building Controls, a career with Johnson Controls can take you anywhere and offers unlimited opportunities for professional development and personal growth.
Johnson Controls has a vacancy for an experienced Technical Solutions Operations Manager to join their team in Slough, Berkshire. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a successful team as well as work closely with the Senior Management Team and have an impact on helping achieve business objectives within the Service & Technology business for UK&I.
Reports to: Regional Director
1. Supervises a team of Solutions and Service Project Managers within an assigned Region to plan, execute, and complete major installation retrofit and Contracting projects.
2. Responsible for the overall financial results of a portfolio of assigned projects.
3. Ensures work performed is in compliance with local contract law and legal requirements.
4. Ensures Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards and the Johnson Controls, Inc. ethics policies.
The Technical Solutions Operations Manager is actively involved in the local market and industry organizations, charity organizations, and face-to-face networking with Developers, Engineering Consultants ,End users , General contractors, subcontractors, and Engineering consultants.
* Assists the Regional Director & General Manager to effectively plan for future resource needs and assists in allocating resource needs to meet near term commitments.
* Assists the Regional Director and GM in the preparation of the annual financial operating plan for the Service & Technology business.
* Assists Regional Sales Director by engaging Solutions Project Managers in sales support activities early in the audit process to provide input on vendor/partners selection, scope enhancements, value engineering, risk assessment etc.
* Participates as an active member of the Regional team.
* Manages the profitable execution of Technology Contracting and Major Retrofit projects across the Region. Ensures that all assigned projects are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
* Hires, retains, performance manages, and plans for career development of direct reports. Prepares and delivers clear performance expectations, performance reviews and development plans for direct reports.
* Ensures that Project Managers develop and adhere to a Project Execution Plan for each assigned project.
* Effectively communicates the status of projects to Regional Director as required and provides monthly forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin for the PC execution.
* Ensures compliance with local contract and legal requirements and ensures that the installation business is conducted with the highest ethical standards.
* Champions and drives the Safety Program for employees and subcontractors at all levels.
The Technical Solutions Operations Manager is responsible for the executed margin for the Region’s Contracting and Major Retrofit Projects portfolio. The following metrics define this responsibility:
· Project Profitability
· Executed Gross Margin (Slippage)
· Unbilled Management
· Project cash flow
· Timely completion
· Project Pull Through & Variations
* Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering would be beneficial. Construction Management with a demonstrable track record of progressively more responsible operations management experience in the Building Construction Industry
* Must have direct project management experience.
* Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong presentation skills and proficiency in speaking to large audiences.
* Able to travel up to 50% of time.
* Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Project , MS Office (excel, word, power point), Adobe Writer, Visio and basic Windows environment.
This position will be based from our Slough Branch and cover the entire UK&I.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package together with genuine opportunities for you to develop your skills and build on your career.
Our employees enjoy working in an environment that offers great advancement opportunities, including award winning training programmes, great benefits such as pension, healthcare, health insurance and much more.
Johnson Controls is committed to equal opportunities.