The position for Electrical Controls Engineer in Birmingham is no longer available
Electrical Controls Engineer
Salary & Benefits - Upto £35,000 + Pension + 23 days holiday not including bank holidays!
Location - Birmingham
Role - Electrical Controls Engineer
Remit - Responsible for the creation of P&ID's along with FDS (functional Design Specification), Testing and more! Please note these P&ID's are not for process systems but are for machine control systems so we are looking for an Electrical Control Engineer who can define and draw instrument diagrams in the P&ID and not the pipework part.
Candidate Abilities and Qualifications
The Idea candidate will posses to following abilities:
• ESSENTIAL - P&ID creation. Defining the electrical control requirements for the machienry system such as the control of motors, panels, switches, motion control, sensors, pneumatics, speed control etc.
• ESSENTIAL - FDS creation (Functional Design Specification) - This is then passed to the software controls engineer to create PLC code.
• BIG BONUS - Carry out electrical design such as loop and circuit diagrams
• No formal qualifications required
Your role will encompass many responsibilities. You can look forward to:
• Creating P&IDs to identify the control of electrical and mechanical components such as - motors, panels, switches, motion control, sensors, pneumatics, speed control etc.
• Writing and compiling FDS (Functional Design Specifications) - these could be tens to hundreds of pages long and are written so a software controls engineer can then create the PLC code for the system
• Carryout Electrical Design such as loop and circuit diagrams
• Support the internal teams with regards to technical issues
• Supporting the sales department with creating costs and estimations
• Spending a small amount of time within another office getting involved with hands on testing. This will really help you understand and appreciate the product.
This Birmingham based and very impressive business is a market leading specialist in the design and manufacture of specialised bulk handling machinery which can transport, lift, mix, wash, dry and deposit powders for the pharmaceutical industry.
As a result of strong organic growth, the business is experiencing a increase in work load and due to an unfortunate departure in the department, our client now seeks and Electrical Controls engineer.
What can they offer you?
• Job security - Well established and very successful within the industry
• Great Salary and Benefits - Upto £35,000 + Pension + 23 days holiday not including bank holidays!
• Team - this consists of time served engineers with members serving 7 - 13 years with this business