The position for Electrical Engineer with Mechanical bias in Stroud is no longer available
Electrical Engineer with Mechanical bias
Do you have a recognised Electrical Engineering qualification? Can you read, and possibly design and produce, electrical control panel wiring diagrams?
Our client is enjoying strong growth in a competitive market and are currently looking for someone with an electrical engineering background to manage various building management systems projects, worth up to £500k, from start to finish. It's an office-based role with travel sometimes required for site and client meetings. You'll need to be motivated with the ability to manage projects within defined schedules. This will suit someone with an Electrical qualification that understands the mechanical processes behind it. Alternatively, you will come from Electronics.
- Take full responsibility for successful implementation of projects from inception to completion.
- Gain full financial understating of project and ensure timescales and key objectives are taken into account.
- Review customer specification, drawings and project documentation to ensure compliance and ensure that all technical requirements are fully satisfied.
- Produce technical requests for information in order to progress design.
- Design and produce control panel wiring diagrams and supporting project documentation.
- Perform electrical and mechanical calculations as required.
- Select components for specific project requirements.
- Produce or procure project specific software.
- Select, procure and manage project subcontract packages as necessary.
- Plan and manage project commissioning resources as needed.
- Prepare project invoices and applications.
- Prepare and cost project variations.
- Initiate or attend meetings to ensure that project progresses properly.
To be considered for this role you will need:
A recognised electrical qualification and be able to demonstrate an understanding of mechanical processes.
Ideally experience in managing Building Management Systems projects or relevant experience in an electrical field.
Computer literacy - good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Multitasking ability, problem solving skills and capable of working to deadlines.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Current valid driving licence.