The position for Lead Technician - Slough in Slough is no longer available
Lead Technician - Slough
A Fortune 100 company, Johnson Controls is a highly successful, global company that blends financial stability with an entrepreneurial spirit. Recognised as the world’s leading provider of Real Estate, Facilities Management Solutions and Building Controls, a career with Johnson Controls can take you anywhere and offers unlimited opportunities for professional development and personal growth.
We have a vacancy for an experienced Lead Technician to join our vusy team based in Slough, Berkshire. This would be an ideal role for an experienced chiller engineer who wanted to understand more of the operational side and develop their career further within a Global Organisation.
Reports to Service Team Leader / Client Service Manager
Job Scope & Purpose
To provide technical support to Service Technicians based in the field and the Service Team Leader/Client Service Manager.
Scope: field operations – Service & Technology
* Provides ongoing technical support by conducting Tool Box Calls, PAT, technician bulletins and updates as well as escalates issues as appropriate.
* Leads the team and demonstrates responsibility
* Handles warranty claims and ICA management as well as contract management
* Responsibility for quotes and ensures they are provided on time and accurately as well as being converted into actual orders
* Communicates with customers upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Meets regularly with customers to become familiar with operating problems and reach full understanding of customer needs.
* Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues, recommends system enhancement/upgrade/replacement and promotes the sale of change orders and/or additional labour & material work (L&M).
* Documents work completed in a clear and concise way and promptly submits service reports.
* Provides training coordination to the Service Technicians
* Ensures compliance with the Johnson Controls safety culture and adheres to all applicable safety standards, requirements and equipment.
* Ensures compliance with environmental and industry regulations, where required.
* In addition to the above mentioned tasks, other activities and responsibilities may be individually defined.
* Relevant qualifications in the specific trade (e.g. BAS/BNS, HVAC, Refrigeration)
* Complex product knowledge and advanced system knowledge
* A demonstrable track record within the Refrigeration Industry which must include technical knowledge of chillers, Splits and VRV’s
* A flexible attitude and work ethic
* A strong team player with excellent communication skills both in writing and verbally
* This position will be 50% office based and 50% field based although this could fluctuate depending in business requirements.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package together with genuine opportunities for you to develop your skills and build on your career.
Our employees enjoy working in an environment that offers great advancement opportunities, including award winning training programmes, great benefits such as pension, healthcare, health insurance and much more.
Johnson Controls is committed to equal opportunities.