The position for Structural Engineer in Midlands is no longer available
Salary: £45,000 - £48,000
To ensure that the Mechanical and Structural Engineering aspects of Rolling Stock Projects are successfully specified, validated and delivered within the relevant timeframes.
- Visit potential customers' sites to view damaged railway vehicles and assess scopes of work for incident repair.
- Assist in the preparation of cost and timescale plans for repairs.
- Generate work instructions and repair procedures for the workshops and VAB Authority to document repairs to railway vehicles.
- Ensure the risk associated with the mechanical and structural changes and repairs to rolling stock are understood, documented and managed.
- Ensure design changes and repairs comply with appropriate Railway Group standards.
- Produce reports to justify the use of alternative materials or methods of production for replacement of components.
- Manage the resolution of emerging technical issues arising out of the anticipated changes.
- Control the Welding Engineering resource.
- Assist other departments within Railcare with regard to structural or design issues.
Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Detailed knowledge of Railway vehicle structural design and build.